News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ladyseed Cancelled

Started by The Wolfhound, October 01, 2015, 01:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

After careful consideration and with much regret, I must cancel the Charlottesville, Va. Ladyseed scheduled for October 3-4, 2015.  Central Virginia has had 4 to 5 inches of rain this week and Friday into Saturday is forecast to have 6 inches or more with high winds.  After consultation with Bob Schmidt with the Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club (the host club), we believe the hazard to shooters and staff just trying to get to the range with the possibilities of downed trees and power lines combined with flooded creeks likely over-washing roads is too great to ignore.  The range in question is good old Virginia red clay; it will be a slippery swamp and get worse with the trampling of shooters and instructors throughout the day.  Some of my crew have duties keeping them away and others are first responders with duties to their communities in what will be a trying event.  And then, there is a hurricane!  No, my list of problems does not really include any affect from it, yet.  Affects are likely on Sunday.  I no longer believe we can have a safe environment in which to conduct a shoot.  The Ladyseed is cancelled.  A reschedule is not conceivable in 2015.  The only remaining event at this location is fully sold out. Refunds will need to be arranged.  I have fretted over this for days and see no other option.  The weather-guessers offer nothing in way of likely improvement.
Alan Fisher "The Wolfhound"
Virginia State Coordinator

iballdriver

A,sound decision.
Lynchburg road demands defensive driving on sunny days. This weekend demands prudence.
Hope all are safe this weekend. Stay safe and dry everone.
B