News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Introducing Myself

Started by Sturla Snorrison, September 27, 2015, 07:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sturla Snorrison

Hello Everyone,

I just recently learned about the Appleseed program and would like to become more involved. I think it is a great opportunity for my daughters to learn more about shooting and improve their rifle skills. I could certainly use some marksmanship training as well. I live up in the Kingdom not too far from St. Johnsbury, and as I said I look forward to becoming more involved and participating in Project Appleseed with my family. I hope to meet some of you soon.

Maximum Ordinate

Welcome from the Yellowhammer State!

I'm sure someone from Vermont will be along soon to connect!   O0
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

FiremanBob

Welcome. There is one more Appleseed scheduled in Vermont for this year. Here's the link to it: http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=VT&statename=Vermont. Perhaps you all will be able to participate.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Moylan

The chief mark of the Declaration of Independence is the theory of equality.  It is the pure classic conception that no man must aspire to be anything more than a citizen, and that no man should endure to be anything less. 

--GK Chesterton

I believe in liberty very much as Jefferson did, allowing for the fact that a hundred years of history and experience have taught me to believe a little more than he did in original sin.

--also GK Chesterton

Sturla Snorrison

Thank you very much everyone, I don't know if we'll be able to get things together by the 24th, but I am certainly looking into it despite the long drive. I am actually closer to the Maine border than I am to Stamford, but if I can go I will. Peterborough is marginally closer, but I don't think we could make that one.

As for Mass.- Up here in VT I have always been told, "Whatever you do, don't ever bring a firearm into Massachusetts," because of the firearms laws there. I don't mean anyone disrespect, but I am fearful about it, although I certainly can't quote statutes.

At any rate, thanks again for the welcome.