Author Topic: Introducing Myself  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Sturla Snorrison

Introducing Myself
« on: September 27, 2015, 07:54:37 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I just recently learned about the Appleseed program and would like to become more involved. I think it is a great opportunity for my daughters to learn more about shooting and improve their rifle skills. I could certainly use some marksmanship training as well. I live up in the Kingdom not too far from St. Johnsbury, and as I said I look forward to becoming more involved and participating in Project Appleseed with my family. I hope to meet some of you soon.

Offline Maximum Ordinate

• Rifleman, National Coordinator, & AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
  • Liberty, yo!
Re: Introducing Myself
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 08:27:21 AM »
Welcome from the Yellowhammer State!

I'm sure someone from Vermont will be along soon to connect!   O0
KD requal: 50/50, June 2019

Have questions?  Check our Volunteer FAQ.

Offline FiremanBob

• designated Shoot Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 08:54:06 AM »
Welcome. There is one more Appleseed scheduled in Vermont for this year. Here's the link to it: http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=VT&statename=Vermont. Perhaps you all will be able to participate.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"
1022Companion.com

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Offline Moylan

• Shoot Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 12:56:27 PM »
The chief mark of the Declaration of Independence is the theory of equality.  It is the pure classic conception that no man must aspire to be anything more than a citizen, and that no man should endure to be anything less. 

--GK Chesterton

I believe in liberty very much as Jefferson did, allowing for the fact that a hundred years of history and experience have taught me to believe a little more than he did in original sin.

--also GK Chesterton

Offline Sturla Snorrison

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 07:41:52 PM »
Thank you very much everyone, I don't know if we'll be able to get things together by the 24th, but I am certainly looking into it despite the long drive. I am actually closer to the Maine border than I am to Stamford, but if I can go I will. Peterborough is marginally closer, but I don't think we could make that one.

As for Mass.- Up here in VT I have always been told, "Whatever you do, don't ever bring a firearm into Massachusetts," because of the firearms laws there. I don't mean anyone disrespect, but I am fearful about it, although I certainly can't quote statutes.

At any rate, thanks again for the welcome.