News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Charlotte, NC - Sept. 12-13

Started by ThePoet, September 13, 2015, 08:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePoet

What a perfect weekend for an Appleseed!  We couldn't have had better weather.  Cloudy and unseasonably comfortable on Saturday with bright sunshine, low humidity, and temperatures in the mid-70s on Sunday.  This was our third event at the Action Shooting Facility (ASF) ranges at Charlotte Rifle & Pistol Club and the first where we needed to utilize two bays.  Thank you to our shooters for their patience on Saturday morning as we dealt with a crowded line.  With 25 shooters, it would have been a little tight and in the interest of safety and everyone's comfort, we moved a handful of shooters to the adjacent bay.  Congratulations to Aaron M. for re-qualifying with a 222 on the AQT.  Maura M. was able to re-qualify as well.  We are pleased that both Aaron and Maura took Orange hats as Instructors in Training.

We had a number of new shooters on the line and it was our pleasure to spend extra time working on fundamentals at a comfortable pace.  Mike M. shot several AQTs in the low 200s and ended the day on Sunday with a 208.  Very close to that Rifleman patch.  We hope you'll join us again in November.  Congratulations to Robby M. for shooting an impressive 236 and earning his Rifleman patch.  Robby, we hope you'll join us in November and take an Orange hat.

Many thanks to Thaddeus and Cousin Hart for traveling to help us out.  It was a pleasure to work with you both.

Our next event at CRPC will be November 7-8.  We hope to see all of you again!

Thaddeus

Some more pictures from a great Appleseed weekend in Charlotte!

Dakota

What a great weekend at CRPC again! I am very lucky to be working with such a strong instructor corps.

We had a lot of brand new shooters and they all did great.
It just proves that if you come with a "teachable attitude" your level of experience doesn't matter.
Hope to see them all out again, I think we have a few more riflemen (and women) trying to break through!

Dakota
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

Pelon

I had a great time this weekend.  Weather was great and all the shooters were happy and excited.  We couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with this weekend.

Congrats to Phil as a new Shoot Boss.
Congrats to Hannah getting her full Red Hat.
and Congrats to Aaron and Maura on getting their Orange hats!!!
Well done guys and gals!

Pelon

Josey Wales

..Phil & Mike, glad to see you too working together. I miss the both of you guys and hope you are doing well. Great news on the successful shoot that you guys had..
..Strength and Honor, Josey Wales..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..