News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cross Post: Ladyseed Ideas

Started by Monkey, August 14, 2015, 12:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkey

I know that MD had a few Ladyseed events recently, so I'm cross posting from the Virginia State Board:
------------
I am going to be the shoot boss for Virginia's first Ladyseed.  I am looking for anyone who can help me with things to do and things to avoid to make the event fun and rewarding for the participants.  I have a number of fellow female Virginia instructor's in training who will be there as well and the male instructors have volunteered to be our minions when we need them.  I even have the potential assistance of a female blue hat to assist!  What I am wondering is what has worked well and what didn't.  If you have been the shoot boss for a Ladyseed, what would you keep the same, what would you change?

I am posting on the Virginia board since i don't seem to have access to the Shoot Boss board, so if you all can share this out to other states, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Stacie
(Dangerous Cook) :sos:

Link: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=46303.0
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Trisha

Women like a slower paced Ladyseed...I'm always happy to get one AQT in on Saturday. I don't really talk about DOM, but focus on the Brave Women of the Revolution. What I also do is hand out the female playing cards on Sunday to each woman, instructor and shooters, throughout the day I ask for someone to read what's on their card. If you have someone you want to talk about make sure to hold on to that card when it's your turn. Don't forget to bring the chocolate! :) if I can think of more I'll chime in but basically it's ran the same way as a regular AS, just a tad slower.

BeSwift

We've gone from all lady instructors to running them with a mixed crew.. The key is patience and a slower pace. The feedback we've gotten is that the students are more concerned that the line is ladies only (no pressure), and that the gender of the instructors didn't really matter as much. Might also want to PM ShiguChan as she's worked and SB'd a bunch of em for us in MD, under both systems.
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Trisha

Oh! Don't forget to send J Frame a PM requesting Ladyseed shirts