News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

My After Action Report: Columbiana, AL - August 1-2, 2015

Started by AlabamaPatriot, August 04, 2015, 11:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlabamaPatriot

Needham Facts on Project Appleseed.  Day One.  After Action Report.  Shelby County Training Center, Columbiana, AL. Subject: Safety is NUMBER ONE.

The purpose of this post is to provide you with an evaluation of the training I received in rifle marksmanship at the Shelby County Training Center and professionalism of the Appleseed instructors I encountered from this past weekend's course instruction, August 1-2.

By the time I left on Sunday, I left with a completely different perspective on rifle marksmanship, specifically on how to take a shot.  I was left with this impression by the care the instructors who taught the class.  They love what they do and they know how to impart knowledge on others. 

The NUMBER ONE thing which was stressed through the course was SAFETY.

The program has FOUR safety rules and each instructor is required to know them verbatim - cold.  The reason why the instructors are required to know the rules word for word is to demonstrate the instructors level of commitment to the safety of the shooters attending the event and the professionalism of the instructors.

Appleseed's Four Safety Rules:

1. Always Keep the Muzzle In A Safe Direction.
2. Do Not Load Until Given the "Load" Command
3.  Keep Your Finger Off the Trigger Until the Sights Are On the Target.
4.  Make Sure Those Around You Follow the Safety Rules.

John Needham
"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams

Maximum Ordinate

John,

I'm glad to hear you had a great time and learned a lot.  Our crew in the Birmingham area is pretty awesome.

I hope you can come back and bring a friend!

-Rusty
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

AlabamaPatriot

Rusty - I would like to volunteer.  I have experience in sales, marketing and online social media.  Let me know if I can.
"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: AlabamaPatriot on August 10, 2015, 04:40:57 PM
Rusty - I would like to volunteer.  I have experience in sales, marketing and online social media.  Let me know if I can.

PM inbound.  :)
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.