Author Topic: It's that time of year again!  (Read 524 times)

Offline PHenry

• Master Instructor
  • 2A - The Original Homeland Security
It's that time of year again!
« on: July 29, 2015, 05:44:48 PM »
SCs and BOTG,
Time to get crackin' on the 2016 schedule. We all know how ranges roll - they give all the good dates out to favored groups and offer us Easter and Mother's Day. I know each of you are polite and professional, but be assertive and persistent as well.

Revenue, new members, free advertising are, in my own experience the best incentives. I gave up bothering to appeal to their Patriotism years ago. Not that there aren't any venues that get it, but many do not and often lots of politics involved.

Also, take care to avoid "trap" dates. Here's a 2016 calender: http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/2016

Be sure to list your own personal calender as well if you need to SB events (as we all do). When a venue offers you a list of dates - always check it against holidays and your own stuff to avoid that "Oh dang!" moment and a scramble to get it covered. And then despite great effort to avoid problems, accept that you'll miss something - at least I always seem to.  :wb:

Let's see what we can do. The South East Rules!  O0
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:50:14 PM by PHenry »
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Offline stoneknives

• Shoot Boss
  • Charter Pistol Instructor

• Teach More Than Just Marksmanship
Re: It's that time of year again!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 09:18:32 AM »
June 5th Doughnut Day- uuuuummmmm

Seriously, remember the other "Not National Holidays" like SuperBowl Weekend and other such dates also.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." Me

"I stand with the mission, Sir" phenry

This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply.

Offline Maximum Ordinate

• National Coordinator & AOC Member
  • Master Instructor
  • Liberty, yo!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 10:49:14 AM »
 O0

The sooner we get 2016 events posted, the greater the opportunity people will have to "stumble" on them on the calendar.  Example:  we have five sign-ups for the Alabama RBC in April 2016!
We're in the Liberty business.  If all we do is hand out patches to people who already know how to shoot, did we help rescue America?

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Have questions?  Check our Volunteer FAQ.

KD requal 50/50, December 2020.

Offline PHenry

• Master Instructor
  • 2A - The Original Homeland Security
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 12:07:01 PM »
Other holidays - they always get me.

Halloween
Superbowl
Any day the range has a big deal going on
Any day the local town has a big deal going on
Gun shows

All sorts of less than ideal dates. Toss out any examples u can conjure.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata