News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mechanicsville, VA November 22-23

Started by crashkid2k, November 25, 2008, 07:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crashkid2k

Copy/paste from VAshooter's post on the regional board http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=4608.0 :

We have completed another successful Appleseed at the Black Creek Shooters Association Range near Mechanicsville, VA. There were 53 shooters total with all 53 there on Saturday and 43 there on Sunday.

We had a little excitement on Saturday when someone hit 911 on their cell phone while they were shooting prone. The operator couldn't hear anyone talking but there was plenty of shooting.  In case you didn't know the police can track the signal from a cell phone down to a firing line with no problem. I suspect they could have identified the phone but as soon as they saw what was going on they told us why they were there and left. I think they didn't want to embarrass the offending cell phone owner.

We had ten shooters who earned a Rifleman patch. A couple others shot Rifleman scores but had qualified at previous Appleseeds. The most was FiremanEd who shot at least five scores above 210 and probably more. The high score shot by Mr. Flagg was 243 with a bolt action CZ.

I want to thank the Black Creek Shooters Assn for allowing us to use their range. I want to thank ACPjunkie, azwildcat2001, crashkid2K, jmdavis, M1A4ME, Rifleman14, and Truculent Turtle for helping me with this Appleseed.

I would like to congratulate Truculent Turtle on having another son shoot a rifleman score and enter the Appleseed instructor training program. This will make three instructors in the same family in Virginia. We also have a husband and wife team of IIT's here in Virginia (azwildcat2001 and rifleman14). jmdavis will be attending the special edition Fred Thanksgiving Boot Camp this weekend where he will qualify as an IIT as well.

FiremanEd owns some land in Buckingham County and is putting in an Appleseed dedicated range. It should be operational by the first of the year.

I'm looking for a great year in 2009 here in Virginia.

VAshooter