News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Houghton Lake, MI July 11,12 2015 AAR beachseed

Started by Superheat, July 13, 2015, 10:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

Wow what a great weekend with some truly great AMERICANS. 

Please post pics and comments.  I will add more later when time allows. 

Thank you to all the students for wonderful 'teachable attitudes'.  HUZZAH!  I've been on an Appleseed high, the good kind, all day.
Houghton lake sportsmen made a perfect range for us.  WOW.  I felt like we had a perfect fitting glove on all weekend.  Plus all the sand made me long for water wings.

Chris, it was a pleasure to see you shoot all weekend.  Next time I will have a scope for you to try.
Erin, I feel like I should apologize.  You were shooting better than your scores.  On the way home #6 and I came up with several things we should have tried to help you.  Most centered around equipment... ugh.  Hope you come back soon so we can find the cause.
Brian, in true Rifleman spirit you did not quit.  I hope to be handing you your patch soon.
Push pin Bob, you were smoother with that tubber every course of fire.   O0 I hope to be the shoot boss at the first Appleseed in Mt. Pleasant.
Kenny, you seemed to just work harder as the weekend progressed.  Dryfire until you come back.  Keep working on the trigger control.
Jason, you showed the Appleseed spirit.  Hope to see you again soon.
Aaron, I think you deserved the most improved.  Keep it up.
Bob, Thank you for the enthusiasm about our shared history.  It is Americans like you that keep us working to improve our history presentations. 
Luke, keep working the six steps and as alway, ELBOW under the rifle!.   :)

It is great when you can leave an event with 9 new friends.  Thank you all for attending and please bring 5 friends to the next one.

Peter
aka: superheat

Trigger control is IMPORTANT!

Houghton Lake Sportsmen are awesome.  THANK YOU for your support of Appleseed!  Vince did RSO duty all weekend.

D.O.M tells second strike.

Prone is looking good!

Red hatting is so nice..... ahhhhh.

Sometimes you just need a little quality time with your rifle.  'pretty rifle, pretty rifle'

SHOOT BOSSES, Never leave your rifles unattended...

It was an EPIC weekend

D.O.M.

What an amazing (and exhausting) event. Now I know what it's like to be baked in a solar reflector oven!  $$-0

Thank you to all our participants. You continually made the event worthwhile. It was a pleasure to instruct you, as well as witnessing the camaraderie develop among this group of Americans.

Here are some pics to tide you over: More to come!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

More Pics:
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Wobblie

I learned, I had fun, I met a cool bunch of Americans, my body feels like I fell down a flight of stairs. Appleseed.

D.O.M.

Sounds like the same thing I'm suffering from today, an Appleseed Hangover (tm Waveman)  ;D

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

William G. Gruff III

Thanks to Superheat, #6, DOM, Flyboy, Woodchuck and Waveman for putting on a great Appleseed.

Ironsides and Mac66 have both suggested that I start using a scope to get my scores to improve.  So I took it upon myself to buy a new rifle and mount a scope to it.  I found a Mac66 Ruger anniversary model and will be mounting a scope to it before the next Houghton Lake shoot.

I would like to get Erin's rifle dialed in before that shoot as well.  What modifications do we need to make?  I heard something about length.

Also Erin got her Appleseed shirts the other day, Thanks.

We are looking forward to the August HL shoot and whenever Mt. Pleasant has theirs.

Thanks again for all your hard work Appleseed cadre.
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats - Matthew 25:32