News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2009 RBC and AS in Montana

Started by colonial shooter, November 25, 2008, 12:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonial shooter

Sorry Glocker 21,

I was hoping to see the 2nd annual Samuel Whittemore BC in Three Forks in May, but it isn't on the schedule yet. Are we still doing this annual event? Somebody( MTshooter, Shootimus maximus, clodhopper) let me know if I should be planning a trip north.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

glocker21

Quote from: colonial shooter on November 25, 2008, 12:04:44 AM
Sorry Glocker 21,

I was hoping to see the 2nd annual Samuel Whittemore BC in Three Forks in May, but it isn't on the schedule yet. Are we still doing this annual event? Somebody( MTshooter, Shootimus maximus, clodhopper) let me know if I should be planning a trip north.

Greetings!

It is most definitely being planned but I am waiting for final go/nogo from Shootimus as this will be his baby. I was hoping to hear from him by now. If I have not heard from him by Friday I will proceed with date and Instructor request. Keep an eye out for the shooting flare
going up for outbound rounds in Three Forks.

Jerry
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

montana shooter

Last I talked with Shootimus, we're on for the same week in May.  Some details, and the dates aren't in stone yet, but that's the plan.  He's in Chile right now, but hopefully he'll see these and respond soon.
The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!

glocker21

Quote from: colonial shooter on November 25, 2008, 12:04:44 AM
Sorry Glocker 21,

Colonial Shooter...looks like Three Forks will be on the calendar soon

Jerry
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

money."
Charley Reese

The Guy

Last I talked to Shootimus it will be second week of May.  We all need to tie it down when he gets back.

glocker21

Quote from: The Guy on November 28, 2008, 09:32:22 AM
Last I talked to Shootimus it will be second week of May.  We all need to tie it down when he gets back.

Hey there Guy,

I concur, Second week in May was what he and I had discussed. I conferred with Clodhopper re: GPS location and have sent those to Riflewoman for inclusion.

I am speaking with the manager of the Helena Sportsmans Warehouse about doing some sort of promotion during the run up to the shoot. The store manager will hopefully speak to the Bozeman SW manager and possibly together they can do some sort of promotion. The Helena Store manager is letting me put flyers and shooting tips flyers in the hunting department starting 01Jan09.

Jerry

money."
Charley Reese

The Guy

Resarch the Boulder MT AS this year, and contact those folks along with those from this years RBC and the AS just before Boulder's.  Get them to return and to bring new folks as well.

See you in the spring!

glocker21

Quote from: The Guy on November 28, 2008, 02:21:35 PM
Resarch the Boulder MT AS this year, and contact those folks along with those from this years RBC and the AS just before Boulder's.  Get them to return and to bring new folks as well.

See you in the spring!

I have made contact with the club that runs High Ore, I hope to have a shoot there sometime early summer. They are very active and we would have to be squeezed in between three gun and Cowboy action shoots. I hope to hear something soon.

Jerry

money."
Charley Reese

montana shooter

Just talked with Shootimus Maximus......we are definately on for May 3rd thru' 10th at the Samuel Whittemore Range.....Glocker, if you could get with the powers that be and get this formally scheduled, that'd be great.  Oh...and be sure to post that there is plenty of camping, a big shop to work on our stuff, a hot shower, campfire every night, and waaaaay to early (lessn' it's really nice out) for the rattlesnakes, all will be good!  Please let me know when you let them know.

kb
The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!

glocker21

Quote from: MT Shooter on December 08, 2008, 06:04:51 PM
Just talked with Shootimus Maximus......we are definately on for May 3rd thru' 10th at the Samuel Whittemore Range.....Glocker, if you could get with the powers that be and get this formally scheduled, that'd be great.  Oh...and be sure to post that there is plenty of camping, a big shop to work on our stuff, a hot shower, campfire every night, and waaaaay to early (lessn' it's really nice out) for the rattlesnakes, all will be good!  Please let me know when you let them know.

kb

Roger that, will do

Jerry

money."
Charley Reese