News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Big Huzzah for Topper !!!

Started by Corvette, June 16, 2015, 10:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

We should all say a big Huzzah for Topper who was instrumental in setting up a shoot this month in Defiance, Ohio. Let's be sure to help him get it staffed and lets show them a great first shoot. Well done my good man.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Cadence

Just signed up. I know Blindman will be there as well.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

LindaFromAppleCreek

Date?

There's some history in that area. Defiance was a fort. Was that one of the places where Mad Anthony Wayne was ?
aka Mustang380gal

DrRichP

Quote from: Cadence on June 16, 2015, 12:56:08 PMJust signed up. I know Blindman will be there as well.

Thanks to you Cadence and to Blindman for stepping up on short notice to make sure this event is covered and successful. O0

Much appreciated!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Cadence

Shoot is scheduled for June 27-28. Shoot is in the sign-up under the TIPS section. Below in some info Topper forwarded to me on Monday via PM:

"Host range is DCLEA. Defiance County Law Enforcement Association. Apparently a joint use range for all of Defiance County's LEO. The shoot is open to LEO, their family and the public.

I don't really know what to expect for a turnout. Jim Edwards, OSHP who attended a Liberty Center shoot last year has secured the range and been promoting the shoot. My stab in the dark guess would be in the 10-20 shooter range.

The range is at 5772 Trinity Road Defiance, Ohio 43512. Nearest crossroad is Blosser. Range is South of Route 6 and North of Route 24 and just North of Oxbow Lake."

I know this is short notice, but any additional help will be appreciated.

PS - I'm sure Topper will be there as well.

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

topper

Quote from: LindaFromAppleCreek on June 16, 2015, 02:29:29 PM
Date?

There's some history in that area. Defiance was a fort. Was that one of the places where Mad Anthony Wayne was ?

Good memory Linda. Here's what wiki says about Defiance

History[edit]The city contains the site of Fort Defiance, built by General "Mad" Anthony Wayne in August 1794, during the Northwest Indian War, at the confluence of the Auglaizeand Maumee rivers. General Wayne surveyed the land and declared to General Scott, "I defy the English, Indians, and all the devils of hell to take it."[/size][7][/size] This area became Fort Defiance. Today a pair of cannons outside the city library on the Maumee River overlook the confluence and mark the location of Fort Defiance, along with a mounded outline of the fort walls. The city was named after Fort Defiance.[8][/size][/font]
[/size]From Fort Defiance, the American forces moved northeast along the Maumee River to fight the decisive Battle of Fallen Timbers near the current town of Maumee, Ohio. This victory secured for the United States the Northwest Territory, now the states of Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin.[/size][/font]
[/size]Fort Winchester was built on the same spot during the war of 1812, but it was a larger fort that extended southward somewhat along the Auglaize River. Historical plaques in the sidewalks mark the full extent of Fort Winchester.
[/size]In 1822 Defiance was laid out as a town. In 1845 it was made the county seat of the newly created county, and in 1881 it became a city.[9][/size][/font]

topper

Quote from: Corvette on June 16, 2015, 10:49:40 AM
We should all say a big Huzzah for Topper who was instrumental in setting up a shoot this month in Defiance, Ohio. Let's be sure to help him get it staffed and lets show them a great first shoot. Well done my good man.

Corvette

An Appleseeder from last year wanted to bring Appleseed into his community. I simply answered his call and joined him where he was already working.

It's nice when a plan comes together ehh?

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!