News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nobody signed up for next shoot!

Started by Bruce in WV, June 16, 2015, 06:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce in WV

Our next shoot is Jun 27th and there are no sign-ups. Flyers in local gun shops and promoted it at every club meeting. I'm going to promote it again at our club meeting tonight (the 16th) and hand out more flyers. Do we cancel if it gets closer without anybody signed up to come or hope for walk-ups?

BeSwift

Bruce, if no sign ups by Noon Wed, we'll pull the plug on THIS event.  There are already sign ups for the later shoots, so hopefully we'll be able to bump up those numbers. Keep plugging away and don't get discouraged. 

Might also consider inviting club BOD and officers.. I'll work em a deal...   Thx  B
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Bruce in WV

The club meeting this evening was well attended and there were several questions during my promotion for the Project Appleseed shoots. BoD, officers and committee chairs have been invited, and several have said they'd like to come to observe, (keep in mind we're talking about mostly older folks who don't get up and down so well any more, like me); they're not good candidates for position training. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Trisha

Our Appleseeds can be modified to fit the needs of our students. Some of mine I have had sit in a chair or even use bench because they couldn't get up and down, we call that adaptive Appleseeds.

hawkeye

Use the weekend as a instructor training day. You may have some walk ons too there's no way of knowing. Turn the day into chicken salad if you know what I am saying.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

BeSwift

"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

BeSwift

TWO students signed up as of now... PM being sent as well...   
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Double A Ron

Just signed my son up for Saturday.  Have been trying hard to get people to sign up for these events but most people just don't want to commit.  Will see if I can get one or two more by next week. 

Bruce in WV

Thanks to a great Shoot Boss and instructor-crew for a well run, fun shoot in the pouring rain! I hope to see some of you come back on July 11th for the next one.

navybowhunter

Huzzah, and Congrats to all the WV instructors that ALL promoted on that last RAINYseed event.

Big expectations from the WV crew, 7th step stuff.

Hit everyone you know in your networks/friends/family AKA "Your Circles of Influence", and we will surely get this program/Project kicked into "High Gear" in WV!

I'm proud of you all, and happy with the direction of the Project in WV!

Respectfully,

Chris