News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Responding to Nero's thread about "Not an opinion...."

Started by Chimich, June 11, 2015, 12:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chimich

Since I was not able reply to Nero's thread on "Not an opinion.." in the STATISTICS section and then also not able to PM him directly, I am reposting this here on the ARIZONA board. 

I'd appreciate if someone with the privs can point Nero to this reply,

thanks much!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nero/Fred,

I was poking around on the site this morning and happened to land in the STATISTICS section and read the 'Not an opinion...' thread started by Nero.  Since I'm not able to 'reply' directly to the thread I'm sending this PM directly.

With a grand total of 4 whole Appleseeds under my belt now   ;)  here are a couple of suggestions from a newbie.

1.) I notice that on Sundays near the end of the day, we don't survey the attendees.  I mean actually have them fill out a short survey to get their feedback on how we are doing, what they like, and very importantly what they don't like.  Once they leave the range they may not respond to an online survey, so while we still have them 'captive' at the range, my suggestion is to survey them and get some quantifiable feedback that we can analyze. Gotta be careful on how the questions are phrased as any good pollster would tell you.  It's all too easy to ask a leading question with the intend of driving the answers toward a desired outcome.

2.) Anonymous surveys of a different nature filled out periodically by the Red Hat instructors would also seem to be valuable.

Nero, once I get some more Appleseed time under my belt, if you need the help then I'm volunteering to also help out on the STATISTICS aspect of the project.

Very, very briefly about me:  American Express for 15 years in Finance, got laid off when IT was outsourced to IBM, went back to grad school and got my Masters in Statistics, been at Intel Corporation for past 10 years.

Having worked at two large, and very different, corporations in my career, one thing they both have in common is that they are obsessed with collecting feedback from both the rank and file on the performance of their management and feedback from their customers on the performance of their products.

regards,
George Church

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy