News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

What happened to all of the Indiana instructors?

Started by Racegun, June 09, 2015, 08:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racegun

What is going on here?  My wife and I have shot ridden in a few Appleseed.  I noticed that almost every instructor we've had is now inactive!   What is going on in this organization?    It used to be something I was proud of being a part of, but if all the great instructors I have had are gone, then what is the future of this organization?

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Tundra Badger

Quote from: colycat on June 09, 2015, 08:50:55 PM
They have all moved on.
Race gun, I find it hard to believe that these instructors just moved on. 
There were 2 at my first (last)  shoot that had a certain love and dedication for the Appleseed
Shooting.  They were trying hard to recruit other shooters into becoming
Orange hats and becoming members into the RWVA.  If there was a doubt
In these guys heads that they might be "moving on" I don't feel that they would
Have given 110% into in the shoot I went to.
   TundraBadger

Rifleman May, 23 2015
Red coat cleared May, 23 2015
Kd July, 24 2016

Racegun

Yep,  that's what I gathered as well!  The instructors I have had the pleasure of shooting under were some of the most passionate, dedicated guys out there.  They wouldn't have just up and moved on!  They were trying their best to spread the message and grow the program!

colycat

All instructors in Appleseed give everything they have at a shoot.  We are all passionate about what we do. 

As I said, they have moved on.  It has always happened and sadly, probably always will.  People leave the program, but the program goes on.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Tundra Badger

I'm sure there is a certain attrition rate for Appleseed as there is in every program ran by volunteers. 
I'm not buying into that most of Indiana instructors and shoot bosses just left the program all
at once like rats fleeing a sinking ship. 
Tundra Badger
Rifleman May, 23 2015
Red coat cleared May, 23 2015
Kd July, 24 2016

colycat

Well,

I hope you go to another AS and you will find different faces, but the same dedication.  And BTW, different faces are a good thing.

gratefuldog

Serves em right.  Ya know, that Slim turned me into a newt!

Lonestar6

I hate to break up the party, but there are still Indiana instructors here and I hope to meet up with you at a shoot.
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

Morpheus

Quote from: Lonestar6 on June 09, 2015, 10:59:34 PM
I hate to break up the party, but there are still Indiana instructors here and I hope to meet up with you at a shoot.

O0 O0

And if Indiana (or any area) needs any help there are any number of top quality instructors ready to jump in to help further the Appleseed Mission!!
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)

2 clicks low

Quote from: gratefuldog on June 09, 2015, 10:15:06 PM
Serves em right.  Ya know, that Slim turned me into a newt!

Funny, you don't look like a newt.
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

gratefuldog

Lonestar6

President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

509gman

"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.