News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Inactive Instructor?

Started by LindaFromAppleCreek, June 06, 2015, 08:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LindaFromAppleCreek

Corvette is now an inactive instructor. Why is that? He was not given warning; he just came on the forum and found that he cannot access it.

He has a shoot next weekend that I believe is sold out, and one in Newark in July that I know is sold out. He has been effectively acting as Ohio's state coordinator for some time, and doing a marvelous job.

aka Mustang380gal

Trisha

It happened to me because I didn't opted back in when I got the PM, I'll contact scuzzy to let him know and he will fix it. Not to worry.

DrRichP

Quote from: Fred on June 06, 2015, 10:26:51 PM

All, there was an error in a program which led to any non-IN instructor who was listed as a member of the IN board being inactivated.

The error should be corrected, soon - like in an hour or two.

Sorry about it. We'll make it right.

Fred
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Johnnyappleseed

Something regarding my access happened years ago and it appeared to me I got a ban   :'(  OMG I shouldn't have said that on the forum   :-[  Then of course the anger I felt for  being banned for such a insignificant violation of CPR and NO WARNING ! BINGO IM OUT  @)

Fred when contacted knew nothing about my termination and provided me with Scuzzys phone number .
Long suffering was the great Scuzzy who patiently by phone walked me through every step to get my access restored .   Thanks again Scuzzy   O0

Just saying it takes lots of disrespect to get even warned much less terminated . Glad everything worked out well . Personally I cannot think of many things more cool than a Corvette  ;D Glad everything has been explained and corrected  ;).

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Two Wolves

Darn computer glitches!   :wb:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

EZ3

Quote from: DrRichP on June 07, 2015, 11:56:13 AM
Quote from: Fred on June 06, 2015, 10:26:51 PM

All, there was an error in a program which led to any non-IN instructor who was listed as a member of the IN board being inactivated.

The error should be corrected, soon - like in an hour or two.

Sorry about it. We'll make it right.

Fred

So, am I right in reading this to mean that all Indiana instructors have been "inactivated"?
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

DrRichP

Quote from: EZ3 on June 07, 2015, 04:53:39 PMSo, am I right in reading this to mean that all Indiana instructors have been "inactivated"?

NO. You are incorrect in your reading. Fred's message states "there was an error in a program which led to any non-IN instructor who was listed as a member of the IN board being inactivated.

Fred was not saying "All" had been inactivated, he was addressing it to "All".

For the record, all Indiana instructors have NOT been "inactivated", nor will all Indiana instructors be "inactivated".

Only those that choose to leave Appleseed will be inactivated.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

scuzzy

I screwed this up. I'd sent a mass PM to all people listed under the State Board - Indiana. There were lots of people listed on that board who were not from Indy. Although the roll call was meant for Indy people I assumed that I was supposed to remove anybody the PM was sent to that had not responded. Thus my program was fouled up. I got a call from Fred last night asking what the heck I was doing. I fixed my mistake last night.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

LindaFromAppleCreek

Thank you for your reply, scuzzy.
aka Mustang380gal

Earl

I was away at an Appleseed, so my wife locked the garage door without disconnecting the electricity to the drive, so of course it is my fault -- because I went away and left her with her fears. So the door is a bit crooked and won't open completely until I get it realigned.

While I was away at the Appleseed, I told the Second Strike of the Match, where the wounded regular got scalped by the vicious militia men, those unruly rebels - savages!

And sure enough on Sunday morning after a shave and coffee, I heard how General Gage's troops burned Concord and Lexington down while the citizens were quietly protesting and doing Appleseeds.

Y'all need to study HISTORY, you will be burning witches at the stake and such soon it you don't. LOYALTY OATHS, YEAH.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Corvette

Earl,

Thank you for your thoughts. I would like to suggest to everyone in the greater Appleseed community, please understand that as a result of recent events with the Indiana team, emotions are tense in the mid-west and it would be prudent for folks outside our area to give us some space to adjust to recent events.

Many of the folks who were removed from the program are highly respected and still are our friends. At the same time we all wish to continue with the mission of saving the country. So it is important that no additional "salt" be added to the wound accidentally from folks not fully aware of recent events and the people involved.

So, I would ask folks from outside the mid-west to use extra caution in their comments and posts for a while to avoid the chance of fueling more discord inadvertently. Thanks to everybody for your extra consideration in these times.

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Earl

I love Appleseed, but suspect some flaws are in the construction, but then I love Appleseed and the flaws in the construction, think I will go to bed and prepare for Monday, which started already in the East coast and jolly old England. Y'all be good out there, you have always been the best no matter what 'they' say. I can love my brothers and sisters on the trail, the one about Liberty and marksmanship, sure are closer to me than mine enemies will ever be, and I love them stupidity and tyranny and all. To all a good night. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!