News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Field Shoot this weekend

Started by hawkeye, May 20, 2015, 09:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

We have a field shoot this weekend May 23td, the weather has got to be better that last month. One course of fire will be shoot prone the other from inside the range truck. Bring your pistol and holster with 2 magazines and about 15 rounds. The shoot will start at 10:00 with zering at 300 yards, and then a lunch break. There will be a hostage target at 400 maybe 460.  See the schedule in the top post for more info, see you there.  Hawkeye

PS still working on programing the new target controlers.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

hawkeye

We had a perfect day at the range for the field shoot. We had a group of about 18 with several new faces ready for a challenge. We shoot the first course of fire prone from the line and the second course of fire from the back of the range pick-up truck. On the second course of fire you shoot your pistol at two targets about 16 yards away changed magazine and engaged the third target about twenty yards away, you grounded the pistol on a large reel behind the truck and mounted the bed of the truck and shot the rest of the course from there. You could shoot shoot from any position in the back of the truck. Eli won the event with 87% first round hits then Lawson with 71% and Jim,Phil and Matt tied for 3rd with 68%. Apparently I was there to provide suppressive  fire for the rest ( bad day as for as hitting targets).I would like to thank the new guys that came and I hope you return. Thank you all that made the shoot go well. Steve
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Koma

To Hawkeyes and all who helped set up, run, and take down; THANK YOU.                                                 
P.S Also for observing rule #5

hawkeye

92trk

Without a doubt, a great place to apply what one has learned in an Appleseed.

Thanks Hawkeye for putting on a great field shoot.

PA10mm

Looks like a great time.

Just curious - why is the guy shooting the Garand not using a sling?
Became a Rifleman on April 20, 2014.

hawkeye

I'll bet he was and it's just not visable or if he's not using one, maybe it wasn't working for him in that position. I almost never sling up at a sniper match but do use the sling in other ways.

PA10mm

Became a Rifleman on April 20, 2014.