News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hillsdale College - contact from NRAAM

Started by ThePoet, April 15, 2015, 04:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePoet

I met Bart Spieth from Hillsdale College at NRAAM.  They are interested in hosting events at their range.  I understand they have a top notch facility on campus and Bart would like someone to follow up with him.  I believe someone from Appleseed has been in touch with them in the past, though I'm not sure where it was left.

Here are his contact details: 

Bart Spieth
John Anthony Halter Shooting Sports Education Center Range Master
Shooting Sports Program Coordinator
Hillsdale College
4390 Bankers Road
Hillsdale, MI 49242
E: bspieth@hillsdale.edu
T: 517-610-5593
M: 517-607-9572

Please send me a PM if you have any questions.

Thanks.

ITB

Yes, we have had conversations with Hillsdale in the past.  To date, nothing fruitful has come of them.

We will contact Bart asap.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

EZ3

Also, they have an excellent series of FREE online history classes.  I think "the Federalist Papers" is the next one coming out.   O0
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Bluesteel

Hillsdale is doing their part to save the country in their own way.  They believe that will come from educating Americans in the Constitution.  I believe over 500,000 have already taken their free online course.  I think that this dovetails very nicely with Appleseed and I hope that we'll be able to host events there.  I'm looking forward to working events ther!  Anyone interested in their Constitution class can sign up here:

http://lp.hillsdale.edu/constitution-101-signup/

ACP230

I was at the Hillsdale Fall Seminar and  Shoot last fall.
The range is a great one but the rifle and pistol side were lagging the shotgun ranges at that time.
The plans for both and some indoor ranges look very good.

Hillsdale holds a Ladies For Liberty camp for women. The 2nd Amendment and shooting
are part of it. 
Also starting up a Couples Camp along the same lines with pistol and shotgun instruction.
We got the info but decided we couldn't afford it at this time.
The Fall Shoot is doable, however, if it doesn't conflict too hard with Michigan's grouse season.
Last year it didn't.

Hillsdale also had scholarships for shooters.  If you have a son or daughter interested in doing shooting sports
in college Hillsdale is worth a look.       

SteelThunder

Like ITB said, we've talked with Bart for the last 2 years about doing something to no avail. Hopefully good thing will come to those who wait this time.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

fisherdawg

Quote from: ThePoet on April 15, 2015, 04:28:22 PM
I met Bart Spieth from Hillsdale College at NRAAM.  They are interested in hosting events at their range.  I understand they have a top notch facility on campus and Bart would like someone to follow up with him.  I believe someone from Appleseed has been in touch with them in the past, though I'm not sure where it was left.

Here are his contact details: 

Bart Spieth
John Anthony Halter Shooting Sports Education Center Range Master
Shooting Sports Program Coordinator
Hillsdale College
4390 Bankers Road
Hillsdale, MI 49242
E: bspieth@hillsdale.edu
T: 517-610-5593
M: 517-607-9572

Please send me a PM if you have any questions.

Thanks.

I hope this happens!  I'm a big fan of Hillsdale....
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

Graywolf

I have made several attempts at contacting Mr. Spieth.  So far, he had not responded to emails, voice mails, etc.  I will keep trying, but........
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Graywolf

I met with Bart Spieth this morning on the range at Hillsdale College.  An event will likely happen in 2016 for them.  They are also interested in a LibertySeed this fall for an annual on Campus event.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

SteelThunder

Nice job, GW!

Isn't that a line from one of my favorite, politically-incorrect movies of all time?  McLintock!

Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

D.O.M.

Huzzah!
Nice work Graywolf!

I luvs me some McLintock! a lot.
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Charles McKinley

Nice work Guys!

Hope it leads to a nice write up in their newsletter as well.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

SteelThunder

HUzzah indeed. GW succeeding where others have failed (self included)!
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis