News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

For those who can't view XP-80

Started by brianheeter, April 14, 2015, 11:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianheeter

I'm copying a post that I just put up in XP-80 which is a sub-forum under Indiana.  It was created, I believe, from a request made by Yellowhousejake.  The post below is in response to the posts that are going up all over in the state forums from Itsansks.  I'm putting it here where everybody can see it, not just those who have access to XP-80 (whether they should or not).

Read on and be careful what you post.

brianheeter

I'm sure someone (from out of state) will correct me if I'm wrong but the purpose of the XP-80 was exactly what the post above says it isn't.  I believe that YHJ asked that XP-80 be created for Indiana Instructors only.  Frequent border raiders would also be granted access in order to coordinate more effectively.  If XP-80 weren't going to be used for that purpose then we would just use the Indiana state forum that is visible to everybody.

The problem recently has been a lack of discretion, courtesy and respect from volunteers who really have no business joining in the conversation.  It seems to be that they see it as a matter of access v. prudence.  What I mean is that these people seem to think that since they can post in a certain area that they should and will, whether it's a good idea or not.

Had they been intelligent they would have just monitored what was going on and not let on that they could see it.  I was clueless that anybody out of state other than certain individuals (frequent border raiders) had access to XP-80 until some inappropriate posts were made.  Call me foolish, naïve, too trusting, whatever.  That's done now.

I'd better stop before I put down something that will get me "timed out."

brianheeter

edited by brianheeter to fix a typo
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

ItsanSKS

And the purpose of this post?

As a moderator for the Indiana state boards, it is incumbent upon you to ensure that posts in this section are on-mission.  That is to say, that each post pertains to promoting events, staffing events, or otherwise furthering the mission.

I fail to see how your post rings any of those gongs.  Please, enlighten me.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

ATM

Quote from: ItsanSKS on April 14, 2015, 11:53:53 PM
And the purpose of this post?

As a moderator for the Indiana state boards, it is incumbent upon you to ensure that posts in this section are on-mission.  That is to say, that each post pertains to promoting events, staffing events, or otherwise furthering the mission.

I fail to see how your post rings any of those gongs.  Please, enlighten me.

Is there a more appropriate area to make reasonable inquiries or share info with instructors outside of one's own state which hasn't been purposely locked down?

Please, enlighten me.
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0