News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rifleman's Weekend at River Bend

Started by Agrivere, April 06, 2015, 04:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrivere

Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware that Rifleman's Weekend is coming up soon at River Bend Gun Club in the Dawsonville/Cumming area.  The match takes place on Saturday and Sunday, May 2-3, and is a wonderful place to bring your WW2 vintage rifles out and shoot!  You'll meet lots of fellow Riflemen (and women!) and I can't imagine not having a wonderful time.

The course of fire follows the standard CMP rules, with all shots fired at 200 yards.  First stage is 20 shots slow prone, followed by 10 shots rapid prone, 10 shots rapid sitting, and 10 shots standing.  All are fired at the standard 200 yard SR target.  On Sunday there's a special sniper match for those who want to bring out their vintage sniper rifles and see how they shoot.  The sniper match even includes a stage shooting moving targets, which is a lot of fun.

I'll be there both days, and I hope to see some more familiar faces out on the firing line.  You can find more information and details at Rifleman's Weekend, or let me know if you have any questions.
"The great body of our citizens shoot less as times goes on. We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world... The first step � in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come � is to teach men to shoot." -Theodore Roosevelt