News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Filling the lines for April 18-19

Started by DrRichP, March 26, 2015, 02:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRichP

I received this PM from Scuzzy and was asked to post it on our state web site. While we are doing well in Wisconsin filling the lines for April 18-19th, there are still some ranges that need our help.

Quote from: scuzzy on March 26, 2015, 12:53:59 PM
Kimber Custom just "filled the lines" at a KD event, and was asked to come up with a PM outlining his "secrets" for others to use in the next weeks for 4/19. His how to is pasted below. Could each SC please post this on their state board?

Thanks,
scuzzy

From Kimber Custom

Instructors, your preparation period begins now!

We are 3 weeks from our Patriots Day weekend. What are you doing for promotions? I'm afraid there is no 'secret sauce' but I'd like to throw out some ideas to help you fill your lines:

* Contact your shooters. TIPS offers e-mail addresses for currently registered shooters. Send them a note (send it to yourself and BCC the shooter) with some details on your event. Include a flyer that they can share with their friends, neighbors, co-workers and family. There are some example flyers here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=44245.0 Nero also has an offer to send you a full list of everyone you have worked with - reach out to them with an invitation.

* Most ranges have a newsletter that is dying for articles. Write something up on MOA and promote your event or ask to have your flyer sent to their mailing list. Our club has a public relations officer who is in touch with the local chamber of commerce. For $10 he sends my flyers to some 3000 locals.

* Contact your local PD/Sheriff. I send flyers to all of the metro law enforcement agencies. A few minutes on the web should get you an information number and ask for the public relations and/or training officer; both are good points of contact to the LE community.

* Contact local churches. Many of them have men's groups or youth who are looking for an organized event like Appleseed.

* Web forums. Most firearms forums have a section for Tactics & Training or Preparation. These are great places to start a thread about your event. For other forums find the Off Topic or General discussion to start a thread. For my KD last weekend I titled my thread 400 yard Marksmanship clinic - 52 replies and 2,077 views. I know I picked up 3 of my 28 shooters from that thread.

* Flyers can be put up anywhere but I find sporting goods stores to yield the best results. Rallies, sporting events, races - all good places to hand out or post flyers.

* Send a meeting request to your co-workers with the details for your event. Whit brought 4 ladies to a recent event with this tactic.

Don't worry about ammo shortages, people who don't have the time or national promotions. Do everything in *your* power to fill *your* lines.

In Liberty,

Kimber Custom
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

fepowered

Although Eventbrite registrations do not reflect it, Suamico is on track to have a pretty decent line.  Most of a local Scout Troop will be attending.   
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

colycat

How many bricks of ammo are we going to need for the scouts?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine