News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Plea for Help

Started by The Old Guide, March 25, 2015, 01:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Guide

OK, need a little help here. We are three weeks out from April 18 and 19. We have scheduled TWO Appleseeds in Maine as requested by Fred Hisself. We need a Shoot Boss for Monmouth. It is directly on Route 202 about 14 miles from our state capitol. You can't miss it. The club will let you sleep in the clubhouse. It is a fine organization with a 20 point COVERED range. Even the KD range is covered.

We need a Shoot Boss and a couple of IITs or we'll have to scratch Monmouth on April 19. I have not seen .22 ammo for sale at any Walmart in Maine since August of last year. At Skowhegan last September, a club member gave me 2,000 rounds of .22 for youths only for use at an Appleseed shoot. The guy had tears in his eyes when he heard the history on Saturday and made a special trip back on Sunday to give me those two cans of bulk ammo.

We have a great program. In Maine you can use your folding stock or your large capacity mags. Some 10/22 shooters have just their original factory mag and a 25 round aftermarket mag. That's OK here. Pistol grip mags are OK.

Come to Maine, Land of the free and home of the broke.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

VietVet

Quote from: Believer on March 25, 2015, 03:36:06 PM
The Old Guide,

You are killing me.  Born in Waterville, raised in China, I would be there if there was any way!

This is an event that someone "from away" could shoot boss and enjoy a lobsta roll or two.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

DrRichP

Hi Old Guide,

I just checked the schedule (http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-display.php?qstate=ME&statename=Maine) and I do not see Monmouth listed as an April 19th event. The only event that shows is Columbia. We can't have anyone (staff or attendees) sign up until this event is on the schedule.  I will confer with Scuzzy to see if there is a problem with scheduling.

If there is sufficient registrations and we cannot recruit any local talent, we may be able get someone to fly in for the event if needed; but I think that will have to go through Believer or someone else at the national level. I will also check with him.

Get back to you soon.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

VietVet

I just checked and see both shoots listed.
However, the  Event for Mommouth isn't "Live". No way to Register.

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=262

Neither, as of now have any pre reg.

Columbia has Instructors already signed up.

Would it be possible to have anyone who's interested in attending an Appleseed in Maine sign up for the one scheduled in Columbia and reschedule the Mommouth Event?

Here's the link for Columbia..................

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=234&showall=yes

Just a thought.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

DrRichP

Quote from: VietVet on March 26, 2015, 02:20:09 PMI just checked and see both shoots listed.
However, the  Event for Mommouth isn't "Live". No way to Register.

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=262

Neither, as of now have any pre reg.

Columbia has Instructors already signed up.

Would it be possible to have anyone who's interested in attending an Appleseed in Maine sign up for the one scheduled in Columbia and reschedule the Mommouth Event?

Here's the link for Columbia..................

http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=234&showall=yes

Just a thought.

Yup. Monmouth is now on the schedule, and registrations are now live. Scuzzy has worked his magic again. :bow:
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

The Old Guide

We had to move Monmouth back to June 13/14. We have a small group coming to Columbia. We will also get some trigger time for our IITs. One of our shooters is from Africa. She wants to hear the history. She may have never fired a rifle.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

The Old Guide

April 19 shoot box arrived today. Awesome. Those who miss it will be disappointed.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012