News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Getting involved

Started by SilentWarrior1, November 12, 2008, 03:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilentWarrior1

While at the Evansville Appleseed, I wholeheartedly felt like this was a program that I wanted to be involved in. So, here I am. I am offering my two hands (along with the rest of me) to do anything that needs to be done.

I wanted to get involved with doing other things whilst on my journey to Rifleman. I'm located in the Indianapolis/Plainfield/Avon area.

The Guy

Contact Hawkhavn, or just wait and he will find you.....

Good to have you.

SilentWarrior1

Thanks, Guy.

Also, thanks for lending me your SKS on Saturday, but it just wasn't comfortable.

The Guy

LOL.

You'll learn. Just wish I was there to help you wring it out, but one of the other lines needed me more....

Heard the AR may have worked out alright for you.

hawkhavn

SW1,

Thank you for stepping up!

Here are a few things you can easily do even before you make Rifleman:
1) Work the 7th step, promote the program, anywhere and everywhere.
2) We'll be running a table at the Indy 1500 every show next year, volunteer to take a shift/day and tell folks there about your experience.
3) Help us find an Appleseed friendly range in the Indy area or a piece of ground with a good backstop. Our range requirements are minimal as you just saw. A backstop, some T-posts, wire and we're good to go. Do you belong to a range where we can come in and do a dog and pony show on the program?
4) Work your contacts, help us out on INGO, I know you have cred there. How about ARFCOM or other forums?
VFW? Boy Scouts? The list is darn near bottomless because we appeal (I hope) to the basic American foundation.

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

funfaler

If you have any helpful skills, let hawkhavn know that too.

Writter, printer, legal, sales/promotions, can lift heavy objects, you know.

It is best to put folks in areas that they have experience and knowledge.

Welcome aboard!

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

SilentWarrior1

I do belong to ONE range. It's a private range, but I might be able to pitch the idea to the guy. Unfortunately, I've never met the owner... but that's never stopped me before.  ;D

I do have extensive computer skills, and have some skills in Photoshop.

I've done door-2-door Evangelism before, and would not be opposed to do a little "Evangelizin' " or doing some flyer distribution.

All in all, I have two hands, two feet, and plenty of love for this country.

DaveD

SilentWarrior1,

Great to have you on board!!

usafe7ret
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

LayloPro

"All in all, I have two hands, two feet, and plenty of love for this country."

Shoot....that right there puts you ahead of most folks I've run into.....

You're doing right, & doing good....don't ever stop.

Laylopro
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

RifleWoman

Gee, I did door to door evangilism for 18 months too, but I'm in no hurry to do it again  ;D Appleseed is lots easier!

Welcome again.  We have lots of bailing ti do

Many hands make light work and easy bailing.