News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

M31A1 target holders at Ramsuer

Started by hawkeye, March 10, 2015, 08:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkeye

I think I have found a way to control the targets at Ramsuer that will work better then what we are using now. With this system we can set up lanes if we wanted or have the targets popup on a timer. I'm good at repairing the target holders but not an expert at electronics take a look and see what you think. There's .68 amps at the target controllers contacts so these relays should be fine. the devices have a 2 mile range with the right ant. and plug into a USB port. If you have a better way to do this let me know.
http://www.tinyosshop.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=74_127&product_id=363
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10419
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11812
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Fred

You might check in with Don and Ad. At one time we had both wire and wireless control of the popups. That stuff is still around...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

hawkeye

This  will work much better than the older system we will be able to raise and lower individual target units. This system will work like the army train fire system and make the course of fire more challenging.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

jmdavis

Steve,

How many lanes are you thinking of? A potential issue with the wireless solution is the individual lanes losing sync with their controllers. I think if they are booted in sequence that should mitigate that problem, though. Three or four lanes should be doable with wireless.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

hawkeye

I was thinking of 3 to 4 lanes with 2 targets at each distance. Wiring so the left or right target comes up at each distance together so each lane has the targets coming up at the same time. the relays should be able to handle this as the old system had all the targets at each distance wired together.