News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Poll: Texas IBC

Started by floydf, February 09, 2015, 11:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

floydf

Trying to get something of a count.  This would probably be someplace like Waco, which is inconvenient both for people in DFW and Central Texas.  Two or three days; we've got some Sr Instructors out GA way wiling to do it.

Can we get a quick count of hands to assess interest.

If you have other suggestions, post away.  We'd love to hear them.

Thanks,

Floyd
"The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed — where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once."

Kozinski, dissent in Silveira v. Lockyer

Weezer

I had *tentatively* planned to do the IBC in March, when Scuzzy had *tentatively* said he might try to put one together (emphasis on the tentative part - I understand how Murphy's Law works when we make plans!)     Because the hubby travels for a living and I'm the homeschooling mama in charge of the 3 young ones around here, I need quite a bit of advanced notice to be away on a weekday.   However, if other months work best for everyone else, I can sure try to get to Waco whenever the IBC happens.   :)

Now to find myself a fancy pup tent...
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

spitstickler

Late June or July for me. (I voted July in the poll.) However, if it comes down to my vote being a factor, I'd prefer folks that have never gone through one of these to have their vote take precedence. IBC was a big help to me as an orange hat and I'd like to see folks who are working towards a red hat to have the opportunity.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

drip drop

I've got a couple of trips planned for early June and early July, but outside of that, summertime would work better for me.  Also, the FBG crew will be done with their Spring shoots, so hopefully they would have more time to go.  I voted June in the poll.

I do agree with spitstickler that I'd gladly defer to anyone working on their RH.

MJoe

I'm interested.  Just need enough advanced notice to get things setup with work and family to get time to attend.

Thanks!
-Michael

Weezer

Given that we're all over the map with regard to timing, is there still any discussion in the works as to a tentative date?   
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

Two Wolves

I'm just going to toss this out there.  What better way to celebrate the 4th of July. Holiday weekend so people should be FREE.   Shooting, learning and celebrating all at the same time!  I'm just thinking.

Heck, you know what? I'll even commit myself to that date.   :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

scuzzy

Quote from: Two Wolves on March 04, 2015, 05:57:45 PM
I'm just going to toss this out there.  What better way to celebrate the 4th of July. Holiday weekend so people should be FREE.   Shooting, learning and celebrating all at the same time!  I'm just thinking.

O0

scuzzy

Quote from: floydf on March 04, 2015, 06:34:11 PM
Quote from: Two Wolves on March 04, 2015, 05:57:45 PM

that would work for me.  I'll see if we can round up a SI and a place.

I could prob get still get us the Waco range - it would be centrally located to all instructors. If we can get everybody to agree on a date I'll make a call to see if what would be OK. If we're lucky we might even be able to do some KD.

Weezer

Let me go ask the hubs if that's okay.  We normally celebrate our anniversary that weekend (married July 6); however, a trip to the range is pretty much what we do for a romantic date.   ;D   
Quick question:  I am the Blue Hat because I have a little more time to devote to the cause; however, my husband is gung-ho for Appleseed.  Would it be problematic for him to attend with me, even if he's not sure he can commit to doing the number of events per year Orange Hat requires?   He's read Paul Revere's Ride, consistently shoots Rifleman scores and, let's face it, he's darned good looking.   **)

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on March 06, 2015, 09:48:22 AM
Let me go ask the hubs if that's okay.  We normally celebrate our anniversary that weekend (married July 6); however, a trip to the range is pretty much what we do for a romantic date.   ;D   
Quick question:  I am the Blue Hat because I have a little more time to devote to the cause; however, my husband is gung-ho for Appleseed.  Would it be problematic for him to attend with me, even if he's not sure he can commit to doing the number of events per year Orange Hat requires?   He's read Paul Revere's Ride, consistently shoots Rifleman scores and, let's face it, he's darned good looking.   **)

By all means - bring him out too!

Weezer

Alright, well if July 4th weekend is it, I'll need to arrange for my sitters to drive down here.  From Indiana.   ;D

I just need to be sure we're definitely on for that weekend, and the actual dates (just the weekend, or will it involve Thursday/Friday as well?).   Then I'll drag the hubs with me and we'll have a good ol' time.  We'll be the truck tent WITHOUT the country music blaring.   We'll park right next to Floyd and blast Eagles at him.   :)