News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MY Apolgies

Started by PHenry, February 06, 2015, 12:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

To the fine state of California,
I did an interview on NRAnews.com with Cam Edwards and I said Texas was #1 in program, when I knew better. I am a tad dyslexic and mix things up now and agin. Please accept my apologies - will try to do better next time.  :-[
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

eaglescouter

You did an excellent job on the interview.
I was especially impressed with your ability to turn the discussion to a national program even when the host wanted to discuss a single state.

O0 :bow: :bow:
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

SPQR

Your sins are many, and great, but this probably doesn't rank. It's at least a step or two below the time you knocked off a bank and blew the money on booze and vidya games.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

pennys dad

Ahhhh Texas  :cool2:
Isn't that a blue state  ;)

PHenry

Quote. It's at least a step or two below the time you knocked off a bank and blew the money on booze and vidya games.

Knew that would come back to haunt me.  ^-^

The interview resulted from press releases sent out by a vol here that has been at it for three years. She has professional training and loads of experience at it. She employs a very specific format and always sends a thank you note anytime she gets published. Starting to gain traction. We have had two print articles and a prime-time local ABC interview - all in a short time. The woman who does it says one or two people per state (working in careful concert) would be best plan for program. We should soon have training materials and templates affording a better image. That combined with press releases could help us grow.

Thanks for understanding an old patriot's failings.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Rocket Man

Not at all, old chap.

We're familiar with the Texan predilection to overlook other states   ;D  Guess they even brainwash Floridians sometimes.  I doubt you could help yourself.

All in jest, of course.  As far as I'm concerned, if it puts folks on the line you could insist that California was an unorganized territory.  It's all good.   O0
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Rocket Man

... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Johnnyappleseed

Great interview P Henry .
Thank You Rocket man for providing the link .

I am a frequent listerner to Cam and Company on NRANEWS.com but I did miss this episode. All the more reason to make Camand Company a regular occurance .

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Unbridled Liberty

Nicely done Phenry!  You can think of getting #1 wrong as a mistake, or you can think of it as an opportunity to go back on the show to set the record straight.   O0

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Charles McKinley

1000 lashes with a wet noodle
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Josey Wales

..PHenry, an outstanding performance, for real brother. Now I must be totally honest right now in that if I was given the opportunity to speak as such and had to claim the number one state whether truth or fiction I would of claimed New York babe cause that is what is. Now go home and get your shine box. Lol..
..Love you guys.....for real......JW.......

If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere.....
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

bob 210

PHenry, no insult taken, heck it's just nice to see other folks post on the CA board and not have a total $H!t storm be the result. Great job at the interview! Keep up the good work!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

viperrt1

Haha I do it too. I hear word gun then think Texas is #1.

Even though we all know better.
Don't panic just aim.

PHenry

QuoteYou can think of getting #1 wrong as a mistake, or you can think of it as an opportunity to go back on the show to set the record straight.
O0

colycat

Easy mistake to make. Back in the early days both states were running neck and neck.  Had something to do about getting ranges to hold events.

Thanks Bob 210 :bow:
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine