News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NW Rifleman Challenge!

Started by ItsanSKS, February 03, 2015, 06:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsanSKS

Prescott has issued a challenge to the OR instructors, offering to buy a tasty beverage for the highest AQT score amongst instructors in his state.  This challenge has inspired me to issue a challenge of my own:

The Instructor who shoots top Rifleman score in the NW region will receive a steel "D" silhouette from me. 

Rules:
Iron sights only
.30 cal rifle only
Surplus/commercial grade ammo only (no hand-loads or commercial match ammo)
25m AQT- all standard rules and time limits apply
Score must be witnessed by a Red Hat instructor (or higher)
Target must be shot during a scheduled Appleseed marksmanship clinic.
A picture of the target, rifle and ammo must accompany the entry.
Valid only for instructors who reside in the states of WA, OR, ID, MT, WY & AK.
Entries must be received not later than Dec. 15, 2015 (unless there is an event scheduled after December 15th, but before Jan 1.)

There must be at least 10 individual entries for contest to be valid.

Winner will receive (1) full size D silhouette, made from 3/8" AR500 steel.

For you whiners that don't have an iron-sighted .30 caliber rifle- you've got a whole year to buy one, and learn to shoot it.  I'd especially love to see an SKS take the top spot, but I might be biased.
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

peterlandsiedel

I would really like to see this competition opened up to any centerfire rifle, instead of .30 cal only...

509gman

If it's cost you're worried about, SKSs go for $300-450 and there are some nice ones out there. If that's not good enough, why haven't you got a CMP m1 yet?
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

Mark Davis

Quote from: peterlandsiedel on February 04, 2015, 05:58:58 PM
I would really like to see this competition opened up to any centerfire rifle, instead of .30 cal only...
Yeah Peter, the ammo part gets me. My rifles would run away screaming if I just showed 'em some milsurp.

lumberjack55

challenge accepted.  I'm thinking either bolt action enfield, or AK47.  But I'll try an sks too for good measure.  No whinging about caliber neither, you don't like it, make up your own challenge, rules, and prize. ~~:)

peterlandsiedel

Quote from: lumberjack55 on February 05, 2015, 01:13:31 AM
No whinging about caliber neither, you don't like it, make up your own challenge, rules, and prize. ~~:)

Yes State Coordinator!

peterlandsiedel

Quote from: 509gman on February 04, 2015, 06:14:12 PM
If it's cost you're worried about, SKSs go for $300-450 and there are some nice ones out there. If that's not good enough, why haven't you got a CMP m1 yet?

Two words: "Student loans."

509gman

Well where there's a will there's a way to shoot an iron sighted .30 cal, don't have to buy one. If any of y'all are heading up my way I'll gladly let you shoot my sks for this challenge.
"What! what! men, dodging this way for single bullets! What will you do when they open fire along the whole line? I am ashamed of you. They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
Last words of Union Gen. John Sedgwick, before he was killed by a Confederate sniper.

Earl

You are far away from me, but I found (when looking for a 1903 A3) that people are stepping up when they know you have a need. It is great to have your own, but it will come one day. I like the idea of paying off all debts - not there yet but closing in on it. :)
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Kaiser Leib

My FAL and my ball ammo are always available to Mark and Peter.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.