News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

How to qd a gi sling?

Started by BillP_556, January 23, 2015, 08:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillP_556

I've gotton a m1 garand sling, and am trying to put the qd swivel in the rear attachment with little success.  Is this possible or is everyone just putting the qd swivel next to it over the web strap.

Hope this makes sense!
"The Revolution was in the Minds of the People, and this was effected, from 1760 to 1775, in the course of fifteen Years before a drop of blood was drawn at Lexington."
John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 24 August 1815

FiremanBob

You mean you are trying to get the swivel into the metal hook at the end of the sling?

New ones are tight, but it will go. It works best if you do one side first, then the other. Don't be gentle - you can't hurt it. If you still have trouble, post again and I'll make a quick Youtube of it.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Nero

Here's an article I wrote last year on sling setup:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=39762.0
Like Bob says, don't be afraid to beat on it.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Vinnie

Quote from: wplunkett2011 on January 23, 2015, 08:39:38 PM
I've gotton a m1 garand sling, and am trying to put the qd swivel in the rear attachment with little success.  Is this possible or is everyone just putting the qd swivel next to it over the web strap.

Hope this makes sense!

Can you post a pic?

azmule

If it's a QD swivel just replace the clip with the swivel.  The only reason for the clip in the first place is to QD the back of the sling - I leave the threaded lock on mine unscrewed so it's a quick easy disconnect.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

BillP_556

Thanks for the quick response guys, I appreciate it.  After  :wb: a few times, I realized the metal end can be removed (and thanks Azmule, I read your post while typing this one), and I slid on the QD with ease. 

Now that I got my loop sling, I plan on hitting either NRA or Elite Shooting Sports next week for Mag drills & prone shooting if anyone wants to join.   :---
"The Revolution was in the Minds of the People, and this was effected, from 1760 to 1775, in the course of fifteen Years before a drop of blood was drawn at Lexington."

BillP_556

BTW I highly recommend AMMO GARAND for purchasing the M1 Garand sling because of their super quick processing, cost efficient shipping, was about $30 less than buying thru the Appleseed store and Fred's due to 'no-minimum-order' & inflated shipping costs.  I would of preferred to have supported the latter two, however it would of cost 3 times as much to purchase a sling thru them.