News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome new range--Manistee Muzzle Loading Club!

Started by Oz, January 17, 2015, 10:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

Please welcome the Manistee Muzzle Loading Club as the newest Appleseed host range in Michigan!  Motivated club members learned about Project Appleseed and worked within the club to obtain approval.  Their first shoot is scheduled for August 29-30, 2015.  At the moment it is the only Michigan event scheduled that weekend and their range has the HUGE capacity for 72 shooters--surely you'll want to be at the inaugural event!

Huzzah for Manistee!   ^:)^
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Caliper

Huzzah!  72 shooters, now that's gonna be a great event! 

What are the KD capabilities there? 

Oz

Quote from: Caliper on January 17, 2015, 11:26:28 PM
Huzzah!  72 shooters, now that's gonna be a great event! 

What are the KD capabilities there?

About 10 positions for 100 yards, a single lane 200 yard range but it crosses the 100 yard range so special precautions are necessary when in use.  So for us...unless it's a very very small shoot, probably KD would be at 100. 

The 72-position range (he said they have had more on line) is actually a 50 yard range, if that gives you any ideas.

You can see the layout on Google Earth...the range is on the east side of the road, there is an obvious road / utility corridor for the entrance, the main range is to the north of the entrance, you can barely make out the roofs of the 2 structures...the 200 yard range runs north and south a little ways to the east.  I haven't put boots on the ground yet, talked to the LBOTG and had him talk me through the layout while I looked at the satellite. 
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Hammer Forged

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson