News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

***CONGRATULATIONS***

Started by slim, January 03, 2015, 07:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Kudos are in order for all Ohio volunteers and border raiders.  :bow:

Nero just released the end of year numbers for 2014 and Ohio is one of only 12 states in the whole country to have growth in 2014! In addition to growing the program, we're one of only six states to grow AND become more efficient at the same time. In 2014 Ohio was the ONLY state to do so with double digit venues and triple digit attendees.

Buckeye Volunteers set the standard for doing more with less. Huzzah!

Our "butts on the line" went up 10% in 2014!

- We went from 327 shooters in 2013 to 359 in 2014 
- We did this at three fewer ranges statewide (a 21% reduction from 14 in 2013 to 11 in 2014)
- We ran 34% fewer events (from 38 events in 2013 to 25 events in 2014)
- Shooters per event increased a staggering 67%!!! (From 8.6 in 2013 to 14.4 in 2014)

Thanks to all of you for the hard work you've put in to make this possible. Keep up the good work in 2015. I'll see you out on the trail.  :---

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, enough of the celebrating.  &) We still have lots of work to do.

359 people in a state of 11.5 million leaves a lot of 7th Stepping opportunities. It's also important to note there are only 30 active instructors in Ohio (who worked 35% harder than last year) and we lost about 30% of our instructors from 2013. If you're one of the volunteers that "life happened" and you've been off the trail for a while, come on back! If you're new and you'd like to step up to help out; we'd love to have you! There is lots of room for growth. YOU can be a rock star in Ohio!

42% of the available space on Ohio's lines went unused in 2014. That means we can immediately accommodate another 150 shooters with almost no burden what-so-ever on our volunteers. No need to staff more events, drive any further, or do anything above and beyond 7th Stepping. Just get the "butts on the line" in 2015. Bring someone with you to an event in 2015! "Fill the lines!"

We still have the three venues we didn't utilize in 2014 plus a handful of new ones to staff in 2015. If you have a new range we can, by all means, get it on the schedule and host events there. But we need the volunteers to step up and man the events. More ranges means more volunteers. We need YOU to save this country!

Thanks again for all the hard work you've put in and I look forward to working with you folks again soon. See you on the trail.
-:)

Corvette

Let me add my thanks to all the instructors, IITs and Bluehats that stepped up last year to help.

Let's put 600 folks on the line this year. That would be just under a doubling from last year and given we have 40 percent open spots, we can do it with a manageable number of shoots.

Also, I encourage everybody to come join the IBC later this month in Indiana.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

dirtdawg

I don't know how I missed this thread, but I also looked at the numbers for Ohio and came to a similar conclusion. Thanks for the kudos, slim, but especially thank you to all our Buckeye volunteers.