News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed in Kingsport

Started by CATT, November 03, 2008, 08:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CATT

Hey you all,
Just wanted to get this thing started about an Appleseed shoot this past. weekend in Kingsport.Missed Sat.but made Sundays shoot,glad I did.This was my 3rd Seed and again I was not disappointed,the shot boss ,VA SHOOTER, along with his faithful helpers(he does kind of look like Santa doesn"t he?)Student and Enoch provided the type of hands on instruction that is vital to helping everyone to become a better shooter.Yeah though the magical number 210 just evaded my grip again along with the coveted "RIFLEMAN"badge I still most enjoyed myself.Other than that the weather was awesome the Pathfinder facility was great.I did bring a first time shooter and he had a blast (the 7th step I believe)Took some pics but don't quite know how/where to put them. And TNTIMBERWRIGHT it was good to meet you and shoot with on the combined target shoot.       
      Done for now CATT OUT

CandRNut

How many people made the AS?  I couldn't make it myself but did pass out alot of flyers and made other contacts with friends and colleagues at work.  I'd like to know the fruit of my labor (although I obviously won't know how many came due to my efforts, unless someone specifically mentioned getting a flyer at the gunshow).

student

Quote from: CandRNut on November 03, 2008, 10:00:36 PM
How many people made the AS?  I couldn't make it myself but did pass out alot of flyers and made other contacts with friends and colleagues at work.  I'd like to know the fruit of my labor (although I obviously won't know how many came due to my efforts, unless someone specifically mentioned getting a flyer at the gunshow).

Total for each day was about 13 shooters.  Grand total was more than that.  We had some one day-ers for Sat,some for Sun and some stayed both days.  Thanks again for your efforts.  I hope we can turn this into a regular site for us.

Weather was splendid for both days.  Cold in the mornings but warming quickly and becoming perfect (not to rub it in).

VAshooter saved my Bacon.  I set this shoot up and was to run it.  A last minute conflict at work caused me to send out a distress signal for backup.  I also drafted Enoch into helping out at the AS.  He had made Rifleman at Ramseur on April 19 '08.  I told him of the shoot to invite him.  Then I remembered he already made Rifleman. So...................

I made the classic instructor mistake.  With light failing on Sunday Enoch asked if we could rotate in on the last couple of QDAQT's.  I went 1st.  I shot the Garand we brought for my wife (she shot on Sat).  I did an ok job of zeroing on the fly.  Two big problems though,  1 I only shot a 209 and 2 that is if I can count all of the second stage rounds I put on my neighbors target. :-[

Good shoot over all. We made 3 new Riflemen and stoked the fires under several others. ;D

Aaron
Live the life others gave up for you.

www.skillgarden.net

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!