News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sir Janet of Welaka

Started by Engineer shooting, November 17, 2014, 05:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

[/img]Rambo granny at the shoot Saturday in Groveland Florida was carrying her Brown Bess bayonet. She made the comment that we could knight someone with it.

Sunday the long over promotion to Instructor occurred, along with the awarding of the Red Hat she kneed and was knighted Sir Janet of Welaka.  >:D

Please congratulate Florida's newest Red Hat.  O0 O0

Photos to follow.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

9mm4545

This makes me proud! Yay Janet!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

TomM1Thumb

Way to Go Janet, Shoot Like a Girl If You can, and I know You can, I was talking to DeadEyeRed this evening. She was very Happy for You!!!!
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

stoneknives

Congratulations and God Blessings on you.  HUZZAH HUZZAH HUZZAH
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Johnnyappleseed

oops  ;D ;D ;D
The issue of titles was of serious importance to the American Revolutionaries and the Framers of the Constitution. Some felt that titles of nobility had no place in an equal and just society because they clouded people's judgment. Thomas Paine, in a scathing attack on nobility in general, wrote:

Dignities and high sounding names have different effects on different beholders. The lustre of the Star and the title of My Lord, over-awe the superstitious vulgar, and forbid them to inquire into the character of the possessor: Nay more, they are, as it were, bewitched to admire in the great, the vices they would honestly condemn in themselves. This sacrifice of common sense is the certain badge which distinguishes slavery from freedom; for when men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.[10]

Only kidding,Congratulation RG and keep up enjoying yourselves Floridians  ;)
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Engineer shooting

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on November 18, 2014, 10:55:27 AM
oops  ;D ;D ;D
The issue of titles was of serious importance to the American Revolutionaries and the Framers of the Constitution. Some felt that titles of nobility had no place in an equal and just society because they clouded people's judgment. Thomas Paine, in a scathing attack on nobility in general, wrote:

Dignities and high sounding names have different effects on different beholders. The lustre of the Star and the title of My Lord, over-awe the superstitious vulgar, and forbid them to inquire into the character of the possessor: Nay more, they are, as it were, bewitched to admire in the great, the vices they would honestly condemn in themselves. This sacrifice of common sense is the certain badge which distinguishes slavery from freedom; for when men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.[10]

Only kidding,Congratulation RG and keep up enjoying yourselves Floridians  ;)

Excellent point in the first year of Washington's administration, Adams became deeply involved in a month-long Senate controversy over what the official title of the President would be. Adams favored grandiose titles such as "His Majesty the President" or "His High Mightiness" over the simple "President of the United States" that eventually won the debate. The pomposity of his stance, along with his being overweight, led to Adams earning the nickname "His Rotundity.

I assume Sir Janet accepted the title in the spirit for I received a hug afterwards.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Prof. C.J.

"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe
that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that
it is better to know than to be ignorant." – H.L. Mencken

Engineer shooting

knighting

theri

Janet

Congratulations.  I knew that you could do it. :) :)

Terry
Whiskey Tango 9

Sly223

Huzzahh!
I met Rambo Granny 5 Yrs ago very quiet and reserved she was Just Janett back then I saw the Birth of Rambo Granny at RCR

A heart felt congrats!
In love and Liberty,
Sly223
PS sorry took a while to locate this!
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

alkeford

here is your new Bucket
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

ThaiFighter

Congrats Janet!   You will wear that hat well.   I'll never forget you hitting the target you couldn't see at 400 because he turned sideways on ya at Frostproof!

THat was some fine shootin'! ;)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)