News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

1200 ft measured & cut at the Isaac Davis Memorial Range - Tallahassee

Started by Tomblin, November 14, 2014, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

TomM1Thumb

Kinda hard to tell by the Pictures, 1200 feet by How wide? enough for how many shooters?
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Engineer shooting

Quote from: TomM1Thumb on November 15, 2014, 02:41:52 PM
Kinda hard to tell by the Pictures, 1200 feet by How wide? enough for how many shooters?

The how wide is TBD some dirt will have to be moved for a berm. 

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Fred

"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

JoeZ

Good work!

With 4 steel D targets on a KD range you only it to be one shooter wide to cycle 8 to 10 shooters through per hour. Use a 5 minute rapid AQT (extra minute for range and wind adjustments) and score using the 80% hit method. With one shooter engaging, one on deck, and one prepping mags it goes pretty quick. Add a bucket at 250 yds and you have a full distance Red Coat on your hands, which is real tough in the 60 second time limit. Just ask any of the WI instructors who tried this last summer.

Cheers,
JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Engineer shooting

Quote from: JoeZ on November 17, 2014, 04:19:30 PM
Good work!

With 4 steel D targets on a KD range you only it to be one shooter wide to cycle 8 to 10 shooters through per hour. Use a 5 minute rapid AQT (extra minute for range and wind adjustments) and score using the 80% hit method. With one shooter engaging, one on deck, and one prepping mags it goes pretty quick. Add a bucket at 250 yds and you have a full distance Red Coat on your hands, which is real tough in the 60 second time limit. Just ask any of the WI instructors who tried this last summer.

Cheers,
JoeZ

JoeZ can you provide a diagram of the range mentioned?   O0
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

JoeZ

"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

Pain Killer

"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Engineer shooting