News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HELP! Dec 13/14 Corona Shoot - BOYSCOUTS!

Started by V, November 11, 2014, 11:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

I will have 11 Scouts and 5 adults plus a father/son pair transfer from a previous shoot.

I need iit's/instructors plus 16 loaners!

They will be camping so it would be great if we camp as well.

Sign up on tips and post up here if you can help and what loaners you can bring.

I'll camp out and I have 2 10/22's with tech-sights and a scoped marlin .22 magfed bolt action

Cheers
Phil V

pennys dad

Holy Cow.

Well I haven't had a chance to type out a formal proposal but for now I will just send out a general PM and email and see what I get for help.

I suspect I can come up with 10 10/22's and Marlins with tech sights and my schedule is saying I am committed for Saturday but open Sunday. So for the moment I can be there Sunday.
Let's see what other business we can drum up. I will send out message this evening.

V

Please note this is a call for help for the D E C E M B E R shoot in Corona where I need lots of loaners for boyscouts.

The shoot this weekend november 15/16 any instructors/IITs are welcome but not big rush for loaners.

readysetgo

V, I have at least 5 LTR's available (Marlin 795) guaranteed.  I will hit you up as we get closer.

eta:  Also can reserve ammo at cost if needed.  (Let me know about this item)
"but we must bear up against them [hardships], and make the best of mankind as they are, since we cannot have them as we wish."

- Letter from General Washington to General Schuyler: Conjures him and General Montgomery to lay aside all thoughts of quitting the Army.

Camljr

Phil,

I am signed up to do both days (can we carpool?)

I can get 5 LTR's from Bob 210 and I have at least 5 myself.

Let me know what else to bring...

I have some Ammo available at cost... $2.00 a box of 50.

Let me know what else to bring...

Cam

96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

pennys dad

The Good:
Crew: Dec 13 update. V now has; CAM, RRhartley, Paul12H for both days and myself for Sunday.
Loaners: Loaners have been offered up buy Readysetgo, Bucklenose, Cam, RRhartley and myself so Dec 13 Corona looks ready. Please sign up on TIPS so we know you are attending.

V

OK here is the latest scoop.

I have 10 scouts and 5 adults who will arrive Sat morning and camp Sat night. They want to leave Sunday at noon as they want to go to another Scout event (a special thing for one of their Eagle Scouts).

I have one adult already signed up via eventbrite and I was emailed about a father/son pair transferring from a previous shoot.

So if you are going to help as an instructor sign up on TIPS and enter in the comments how many rifles you can bring.

Cheers
V

V

OK, I'm trying to rustle up the required 15 or 16 rifles as all semi-autos with slings and 2 mags so we can run a straightforward Appleseed shoot. The troop knows we aren't doing a merit badge bolties only boy scout shoot.

So using LTR as a short hand for a ruger 10/22 or marlin 795 or equivalent (semi auto, mag fed) with two 10 round mags and a sling here's what I think I've got so far:

5 from Bob 210
5 from readysetgo
3 from Camlj
2 from me
balance from penny's dad

In addition we have
1 bolty from me
couple of bolties and or tube-feds from camljr
10 bolty 7 round mags from rick

but we'll keep these as fall-backs for now.

Let me know. I have PM's out to some of you to confirm round out the above and arrange pickups/dropoffs for those who are only loaning.

Boyscouts are arriving sat morning (not camping Fri night) and are leaving midday Sunday to go to a boyscout event (presentation of eagle scouts). We have 3 normal shooters currently signed up and I've limited the eventbrite to 6. The 15 scouts/guardians don't show up on eventbrite due to the logistics of getting all the money rounded up, but they are coming.

Sign up on TIPS with comments on your equipment loans if you are coming to instruct. Cam, Norm and I are camping out Sat night in Norm's camper (thanks Norm!).

Cheers
Phil

pennys dad

Hey Phil

My paying professional workload has been extreme lately so I have not had a time to check the page.

Do you need any rifles with scopes? I can maybe rustle up 2 maybe 3 scoped, other then those I can field 10 tech sight rifles but I will need someone to come get them, Saturday for me is going to be a full day. 

V

Thank you to everyone who help this weekend go smooth and make an enjoyable event for the Boyscouts and the 4 regular souls who attended.

Special thanks to all those who helped supply loaner rifles for the scouts.

Thanks to StormN for the rudimentary accommodation, Camljr for the thin gruel, and Rick for the company round the burning ember.... (ssshhh, what happens in Corona stays in Corona  %) )

Thanks to Paul, Boris and Dan for travelling out to help with the instruction.

Great way to end the year at Corona.

Oh, and the placeholder for the AAR is over here

Cheers
Phil "V"