News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Columbiana, AL October 4-5, 2014

Started by 4merUSMC1803, October 07, 2014, 05:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4merUSMC1803

Saturday morning started out sunny and unseasonably chilly.  Fourteen Patriots including a couple of granddads, several dads, and a plethora of sons and daughters, were in attendance.  They heard the story encompassing the legendary exploits of Paul Revere, John Parker, Isaac Davis, and several other great heroes!  Then they got their turn to shoot some "redcoats".  They learned well, about the six steps of firing the shot, the steady hold factors of the various positions, and Natural Point of Aim, testing themselves on a QDAQT.  Two of their number, John W. and Bruce J., earned Rifleman designation; John with a 218 and Bruce with a 216.  Before the end of the day, each of the shooters got to measure their marksmanship prowess against more "redcoats".

On Sunday, once again, all fourteen attendees got off the couch and came out to strike another blow for liberty.  Several showed extensive progress evidenced by their improvement and shrinking groups as they tackled the AQT, time and again.  They got to hear more patriotic deeds from the likes of Mssrs. Whittemore, Lamson, Wyman, and the plucky Mother Batherick, as well as others.  At the end of the day, Tom L. and Mercedes (Sadie) S. had posted identical scores of 214, earning their Rifleman patches.  Tom, a recent Instructor Boot Camp alum, also volunteered to take an Orange hat.  Huzzah, Tom!  Also, Taylor J., who'd qualified last month, continued to turn qualifying scores with a high of 227; not too shabby for a young lady of thirteen.

We were fortunate to have help from the following instructor staff:  Red hat TLawley,  and IITs AR-Mike, Dane, Headshot Heather, and Mean Machine.  With these worthies on the team, and shouldering the load, "pushing the cart" turned out to be a productive, fun weekend for both shooters and instructors.   

We're looking forward to after action comments from the Columbiana attendees!  And, we're looking for some of those great pics to be posted.     
D Lawley

Maximum Ordinate

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Ramblin' Wreck

Sounds like y'all had a great time. I'm heading to the Yellowhammer state this weekend. I hope to get back to Columbiana soon.

HUZZAH to all the new Riflemen who know very well what they are about.

Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

USAFRet

What a great time me and the Grandsons had. Shooting is always fun but when when you get outstanding instruction from some great folks it is all the better! One of the grandsons is already wanting to come back to the Nov Calera shoot. Little soon as he needs to dry fire and practice the timing events for a bit. I have chatted with some of the family and there will be 7 of us coming next time (possibly another dad may shoot too) and I will tray to best my score from this event. There will be (hopefully) 5 grandsons with me this time! I did manage to get a 233 on Sunday to blow by that 218 I had . . . and then Bruce nailed a 240! But I got 20 years on that kid! LOL, just kidding Bruce. (I do have 20 years on him tho! Being past 60 . . . not sure how much better I can do . . . but I'm gonna try to break 240!

The 3 Strikes oral history of such an important date was just great. Learned a lot and was glad of the conversations I had with the grandsons that the history lesson spawned.

Personal thanks to Headshot Heather & Mean Machine as they spent a lot of time with the grandsons and helped them tremendously. This is a picture of the boys putting a few downrange!

mano3

My son Nick and I had a great time as well.

Nick is itching to catch his 'old man' and get this Rifleman patch as well this November at Calera.

Pop Revere

Dear Fellow Americans,
As always, I had a wonderful time. It makes me proud every time I see a group of Patriots get together to learn the forgotten history of April 19, 1775 and the forgotten skill of rifle marksmanship. I am very Thankful to all of the adults for bringing out the young ones. Please make sure they read their pocket Constitution and learn it. As I told them on Sunday it may not seem that important to them now but, one day they will be parents and it will be very important then, if it still exists. Hopefully we were successful in making Liberty Kids out of all of them.
Congratulations to the new Riflemen and Riflewomen. I am proud of all of you. Please consider taking an Orange Hat and helping us save our Country.
I am going to attempt to upload some pics from the weekend. Never done it before so here goes ...
The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".
Mike Cofield (Pop Revere)

Attended my 1st Appleseed in 2010
Scored Rifleman & took an Orange Hat 2013
IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
IBC  Columbiana, AL  7-2015
KD Qualified at CMP Talladega, AL  1-2016
IBC Huntsville, AL  2-2022
Re-Activated 2-2022

Pop Revere

Yeah! ^:)^ it worked. Enjoy the pics everybody. O0
Sorry I don't have pics of Riflemen and Riflewomen from Sunday since I had to leave early.
The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".

IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
Re-Activated 2-2022

Pop Revere

Here's a few more pics ...

IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
Re-Activated 2-2022