News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rotterdam, NY September 27-28,2014

Started by Grumpy1, September 28, 2014, 10:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

Another Great weekend for Appleseed.

Thank You to our host The Iroquois Rod and Gun Club for the use of their facility!

Great Fall weather welcomed both students and instructors, alike.

We had a Good mix of both new and veteran Appleseed Students.

We had a New Young Patriot, Matt, who came with his dad, Sean. Matt stayed persistant throughout the course of day. Matt stayed focused and interested, continually improving fundamentals. Matt even moved over to the 100yd KD and after making the proper sight adjusments was able to score many Hits on Target :---

Sean contiued to work throughout the days on his skills, and his groups contiually got smaller O0

Joe joined us on Sunday, as follow up to last weekend at Saratoga. Joe's score continually climbed,but unfortunatly he had to take off early. I'm sure he'll be back looking for that elusive patch. :)

Keith, aka Spock951, came Sunday Morning, rifle in hand(Hardly recognized him without a Garand).
Keith proceeded to punish Rapid fire AQTs with a low score of 235, and a high of 247 O0 O0,with many, many scores in between. :~

Keith an IIT2 also "volunteered" to read The Battles of Saratoga, in rememberance of the upcomming Anniversary. O0

Cindy worked hard throughout the weekend Aqt after Aqt and she is knocking at the door, Cindy, remember, relax into the sling!

Cindy also decided to lend a hand!

Please join me in Welcoming New Yorks Newest Blue Hat Cindy  O0(screen name to follow).

Rob requalified on the first official Aqt on Saturday, 213  O0 with his Bolt Action,  O0 and quite a few more times, before his rifle had a malfunction, and had to be retired for the day. No problem... Spare rifle to the line. Unfortunatly this rifle didn't cooperate either....Dude provide a loaner, and Rob made quick work of Requalifing. 213,218,and a 222 Plus Rob went on Clear the afternoon Red Coat O0,   

Rob decided to lend a hand!

Please join me in Welcoming New Yorks Newest Orange Hat Rob O0 (screen name to follow).

My Instructors did a Great Job!  O0

Thank You, LittleMo, The Mrs , and Dude, you all did a Fantastic Job!

Thank You, Smurf, for setting up and breaking down the range!

Instructors and students , worked hard to make this a Great event!
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

VietVet

Great weather.
New Blue Hat.
New Orange Hat.
Shooters scoring "big time".

Sounds like it was a blast!

Congrats everyone. O0
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Josey Wales

..Thanks Jon for seeing this event through! Thanks to the Instructors for dedicating their time to teaching Americans about Liberty and the vital skill of Rifle Marksmanship. Cindy & Rob thanks for stepping up..

..JW..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

historybuff

WOW

Another great Appleseed.
^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^

Cindy and Rob welcome to the team!
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice."     -Charles de Montesquieu

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy... So this is how liberty dies, with a thunderous applause."    -Star Wars

Spock951

Perfect weather, great instruction, and a fantastic bunch of shooters!

Congratulations and Thank You to Cindy and Rob for stepping up and taking the Blue and Orange hats!  Looking forward to seeing you at future Appleseeds!

Tons of fun shooting at distance.  It is a real challenge trying to clear the Red Coat at 100 yards!

motoguy

I want to send a big thank you to everyone for this past weekend. Matt and I learned a lot and we look forward to future events. This really is a wonderful program and I have already been spreading the word to others and encouraging them to sign up for events.

Thank you all again for everything.

Dude

Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson