News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Promo Map for the Tampa Region

Started by 308LIBERTY, September 26, 2014, 12:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

I created this map to help with those doing promo and to put in a future newsletter I'm working on. Has anyone tried to get us into the Lakeland Rifle and Pistol Club or the range in Dade City? Those would be good areas to tap into.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

dirtdawg

That is a nice looking map.  I don't know how to make stuff like that.

emkay

Can an Appleseed be held at an indoor range? I know the Shoot Straight in Clearwater has only about 6 or 7 rifle bays so attendance would be limited. I can certainly go in and speak to them and see how receptive they are.
You can't put freedom in your pocket, but you can hold it in your heart - once there, it can't be stolen. ~me

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln

Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.
~George Washington

inSANEmom

I live less than 2 miles from Family Firearms in Valrico (#3 on your map) and have spoken to them briefly about Project Appleseed. (I took my CCP class with them.) They are willing to post flyers and/or have brochures in the store. I'm planning on being at the get together this week. If someone has some literature for me to take to this range, I'd be happy to do so.
-----AMY-----

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

stoneknives

Quote from: inSANEmom on November 03, 2014, 03:42:49 PM
I live less than 2 miles from Family Firearms in Valrico (#3 on your map) and have spoken to them briefly about Project Appleseed. (I took my CCP class with them.) They are willing to post flyers and/or have brochures in the store. I'm planning on being at the get together this week. If someone has some literature for me to take to this range, I'd be happy to do so.

I'll do my best to get some ready for you.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

308LIBERTY

Emkay, indoor ranges aren't impossible but the logistics are more difficult. Not many indoor ranges can afford to lose revenue by closing all or even part of their public line for a weekend. It's also tricky shooting from position when there are individual stalls (although I've done it) and it would be a challenge to watch the line or coach the shooters in a cramped space. That said, I know we have used certain indoor ranges before, particularly up north. Personally, I wish we could do half-day Appleseeds because I think it would open us up to a lot more ranges, including indoors. Once they finish testing Appleseed Pistol Clinic, I'm sure indoor ranges will come more into play.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

emkay

Appleseed Pistol Clinic sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it and you're right, that would allow for more indoor ranges to get involved.
You can't put freedom in your pocket, but you can hold it in your heart - once there, it can't be stolen. ~me

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. ~Abraham Lincoln

Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth.
~George Washington