News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New York and Pennsylvania goals for 2009

Started by B9, October 26, 2008, 09:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B9

Building the Instructor ranks:

I soon as possiable I will post when and where the joint NY/PA Instructor camp will be. I am hoping to have it set up before the end of the year.

Building the Promotions team:

This is a very important and understaffed area of AS. Promotions will become easier when the Task Sheets come online, but there is no reason to wait for that. PM me if you want to help out and get started right away. It must be that the importance of our mission is not clear with some. I have spent years looking and searching for a solution to our countrys direction and found that Appleseed is the answer. Appleseed needs YOU to help get the word out to your fellow Americans.

Mini shoots and Boots on the Ground (BOTG):

I will put out a request to all NY/PA people that read this. Five weeks prior to an AS shoot in your area, set up a mini shoot. Get all your friends, family and co workers to your local range. It won't be a mini AS, unless you are an Instructor, but it can be a fun day of shooting and chatting. Talk up the program, pass out some fliers and AS info. Get people excited about the upcomming AS. Start build a group of real Americans in your local area. Become the Boots on the Ground for your area, the Rifleman that owns his or her area.

Locations:

Van Etten - Two shoots on schedule for May and Aug 2009. 

New Bremen - Two shoots on the schedule for June and Sept 2009. This location is very open to a shoot just about when ever we want one. If you are in the Watertown area this range can be the place for mini-shoots. Getting a membership here is cheap and will be very appreciated by the range.

Throop - Hoping this can be the NY 4-19 shoot location as well as a July shoot. Centraly located in NY with good sized populations near by this area really need to be a focus for NY.  This here is a good example of the need for a BOTG. Anyone here want to do a recon over to the range and get us on the books for 4-19 and middle of July? Take a measuring tape, as the hope is also that we can rotate the firing line parallel to the hill to increase capacity and saftey.

Massena - Who here is in that area? The New Bremen range has a contact in this area that is open to AS. Could be a good place to draw in some of our Canadian friends.

Saratoga - Saratoga? The name sound familiar, where have I heard it before? We may have an in here also. BOTG needed. Close to VT and we can bank on The Green Mountain Boys to help prop up NY untill we can stand on our own.

Western NY - Kind of a ghost town in the AS world. Some good sized population in Buffalo, Rochester, Jamestown. No one out that way sees the need for a nation saving program?

NYC/Long Island - There was a LI shoot a year or so back. 16 or so shooters. What happened to them? Did they go back to the couch. Really would like to see another shoot or two out there.

Allemans PA - One shoot set for 4-19-2009. Another will be set up for Sept 2009. PA member burf151 is the closest BOTG to this range.

Central and Eastern PA - Dire need for some local activity. We have members lprgcfrank in the east and Chainsaw somewhat central. The biggest thing PA needs is a State Coordinator of its own. It is a position that requires quite a bit a dedication but is otherwise fairly easy.
Incomplete goals list. Why? Appleseed needs YOU to do more for your local area. A huge list of goals will not do anything without some people to help reach those goals.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

B9

Wow. Strange to see an old list of goals. I read the eagerness and determination of that young man "B964". Whatever happened to him?
Back in '08 NY had kDan, B964, Imker, Kodyjaret and that's about it.
End of 2010 we have 45-50 Instructors, two Senior's, five SB's, 3 RH's and a II4 that is SB qualified. (IMO).

Quote from: B9 on October 26, 2008, 09:11:33 AM
Building the Instructor ranks:

I soon as possible I will post when and where the joint NY/PA Instructor camp will be. I am hoping to have it set up before the end of the year.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17669.0 Advanced IBC with Fred as point.

Building the Promotions team:

This is a very important and understaffed area of AS. Promotions will become easier when the Task Sheets come online, but there is no reason to wait for that. PM me if you want to help out and get started right away. It must be that the importance of our mission is not clear with some. I have spent years looking and searching for a solution to our countrys direction and found that Appleseed is the answer. Appleseed needs YOU to help get the word out to your fellow Americans.
NY has the foundation for a promotion blitz in 2011. There are 5 or more new ranges in the works. NYSRPA has renewed contact and is promising Appleseed a concerted effort to help each other. The NY promotions team has also reached into NJ for 2011 shoots there.

Mini shoots and Boots on the Ground (BOTG):

I will put out a request to all NY/PA people that read this. Five weeks prior to an AS shoot in your area, set up a mini shoot. Get all your friends, family and co workers to your local range. It won't be a mini AS, unless you are an Instructor, but it can be a fun day of shooting and chatting. Talk up the program, pass out some fliers and AS info. Get people excited about the upcomming AS. Start build a group of real Americans in your local area. Become the Boots on the Ground for your area, the Rifleman that owns his or her area.
All of the NY locations have been adopted by LBOTG's.

Locations:

Van Etten - Two shoots on schedule for May and Aug 2009.  Two per year has been the max for this range as it is a working farm, but it has been open and available several times for Instructor KD practice and training. Thank You Imker!

New Bremen - Two shoots on the schedule for June and Sept 2009. This location is very open to a shoot just about when ever we want one. If you are in the Watertown area this range can be the place for mini-shoots. Getting a membership here is cheap and will be very appreciated by the range. Five shoots on the 2011 schedule as of now.

Throop - Hoping this can be the NY 4-19 shoot location as well as a July shoot. Centrally located in NY with good sized populations near by this area really need to be a focus for NY.  This here is a good example of the need for a BOTG. Anyone here want to do a recon over to the range and get us on the books for 4-19 and middle of July? Take a measuring tape, as the hope is also that we can rotate the firing line parallel to the hill to increase capacity and safety. We are welcome here several times a year but not before and during hunting season.

Massena - Who here is in that area? The New Bremen range has a contact in this area that is open to AS. Could be a good place to draw in some of our Canadian friends. Massena now has four 2011 events.

Saratoga - Saratoga? The name sound familiar, where have I heard it before? We may have an in here also. BOTG needed. Close to VT and we can bank on The Green Mountain Boys to help prop up NY untill we can stand on our own.
Saratoga has 3 events for 2011. Some of NY's best promotion people are at/near this range. Attendance numbers are always strong.

Western NY - Kind of a ghost town in the AS world. Some good sized population in Buffalo, Rochester, Jamestown. No one out that way sees the need for a nation saving program?
Well... we had a start and stop out west. The good news is our NYSRPA contact is a board member out there. 2011 western NY events will happen.

NYC/Long Island - There was a LI shoot a year or so back. 16 or so shooters. What happened to them? Did they go back to the couch. Really would like to see another shoot or two out there.
Our most senior Instructor kDan has taken a wasteland sand junkyard in LI and made it the envy of the world. (OK, maybe just NY) Now a shoot in a sand pit hell, high range fee, extreme weather, and a raining lead disclaimer is not a success without the work of VietVet and LIF.

Allemans PA - One shoot set for 4-19-2009. Another will be set up for Sept 2009. PA member burf151 is the closest BOTG to this range.
Can not lose this range. Even if we only get one shoot a year. I have the contact info but so does the PA SC Chainsaw. It will get on the 2011 calendar.

Central and Eastern PA - Dire need for some local activity. We have members lprgcfrank in the east and Chainsaw somewhat central. The biggest thing PA needs is a State Coordinator of its own. It is a position that requires quite a bit a dedication but is otherwise fairly easy. Done.

Incomplete goals list. Why? Appleseed needs YOU to do more for your local area. A huge list of goals will not do anything without some people to help reach those goals. You bumped the thread so I guess your it.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

nyrasgt

9(whatever became of the 6 and the 4?),
  Active additions to your list are DB (2+IBC=20010, 4+IBC=2011) and HF (1=2010, 2(so far)=2011), net gain of +3 over 2010, and of 6+IBC over 2009..
  Pending for 2011 are Wilton R&GC, Galway R&GC, Iroquois (Rotterdam - where Gary is), RC Sportsmens (Ravena), and Watervliet (Colonie) - and that's just the few I can remember off the top of my head...
  Good news re Henry acknowledging AS Instructors...even though most Henrys not specifically useful for AS (am in process of attaching sling to an AR7 they sold me), and hope no one offended by my pre-Fred response to Dan...
Enjoy Big Bird, and hi to Gail,
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846