News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Leyden MA Sept 13-14

Started by goodpiper, September 15, 2014, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodpiper

Another wonderfull weekend at the Leyden Rifle Club (even if the weather wasn't always : ).  We had five hard working shooters on the the line Sat. morning. And five soggy but attentive shooters under the pavillion soaking up history late in the afternoon.

Sunday was a much brighter day. Everyone made progress, with 2 new riflemen, Jeff 230, and Joe 224. Joe's son Ben aquitted himself well at 179. Jim and Diane have a clearer idea of what they need to work on. We'll be here for you folks  O0

At Diane's request we did a "survey" of the various rifles on the line, which proved valuable and informative for the newer shooters.

A big Thank You  :bow: to: aim, Ulysses, hbennett, Sir_Ludavic, and exodious. You folks make it easy, while keeping me on track. aim presented all three Strikes, with hbennett covering DOM.
Again thank you Instructors And Shooter that make it all worthwhile.

Thank you also (certainly not least) to the Leyden Rifle Club ( www.leydenrifleclub.us ) (the Hidden Jewell), and Elwin for making the place look real Sharp! O0

We'll be reconvening Nov. 1 - 2 . Hope to see you then.

goodpiper

Also a big pat on the back to Jeff, who'll be stepping up to an Orange Hat. Welcome aboard Jeff.  ^:)^ :~ ^:)^

Some more pictures.

boxrdadd

A grateful thank you to the Instructors and my fellow attendees for a truly memorable weekend. My third Appleseed was the charm for me, and I have learned yet again that perseverance pays ! ;D

Thanks for the welcome , goodpiper. Looking forward to getting off the couch and lending a hand to our worthy cause.

Jeff    (boxrdadd)

VietVet

Nice work guys! O0

Welcome to the team boxrdadd . Thanks for stepping up.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

hbennett

Quote from: boxrdadd on September 15, 2014, 07:01:47 PM
A grateful thank you to the Instructors and my fellow attendees for a truly memorable weekend. My third Appleseed was the charm for me, and I have learned yet again that perseverance pays ! ;D

Thanks for the welcome , goodpiper. Looking forward to getting off the couch and lending a hand to our worthy cause.

Jeff    (boxrdadd)

Funny, to me you made it look pretty easy.. Your perserverence had to be the 4 hour drive!   I am sure it will be great working with you in the future.

hbennett
Focus Your Mind on Keeping the Front Sight on the Target
--
"I'm a free born man of the U.S.A."

hbennett

As always I am in awe of these fine patriots that take the time to attend and event.  Jeff with the marathon long drive and Ben and his Dad coming from about as far east as one can go without getting wet.  Diane, taking up shooting for the first time,and growing outside her comfort zone , and being especially eager to learn.  All of them came back for day 2 after a cold, raw, miserable day 1.  Its an honor and a priviledge to work with folks such as these.

It's always a pleasure coming out to Leyden.   Harvard may be closer to Lexington and Concord on the map, but Leyden would easily be the shorter trip via time machine.    Luckily Harvard and Leyden don't always schedule events at the same time.   I'd be hard pressed to decide whether to go east or west.  I'll tell you, given the KD shooting on day 2, I might have to give the nod to Leyden.

Goodpiper, thanks for running another awesome event.

Focus Your Mind on Keeping the Front Sight on the Target
--
"I'm a free born man of the U.S.A."