News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbia Falls, MT Sept 13-14, 2014

Started by lumberjack55, September 15, 2014, 01:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack55

Another successful shoot in Columbia Falls, with beautiful September weather and 10 shooters all brand new to Appleseed!  We had 2 gentlemen come down from Canada for the weekend and they both displayed great interest in the history and skill with their rifles, one coming within striking distance of a Rifleman score, shooting several times in the 190's.  Hope to see both you fellas at another shoot down the road. 

Two Appleseed instructors from out of town were kind enough to drive up and help us buff up the numbers on the firing line, declining to instruct and instead preferring to shoot all weekend, and they brought with them a 9 year old youth shooter, who did very well Saturday shooting and staying safe on the line.  Thanks Kaiser and Peter for coming up!

Overall, everyone displayed great improvement in their skills with their rifles, learned a lot, displayed interest in the history, and though we minted no new Riflemen this time, I am confident several of our shooters will be ready at their next Appleseed to break 210 and earn the patch.

And lest I forget, Todd was kind enough to bring out his replica Brown Bess and a real firing Kentuky long rifle flintlock, which we got to see in action.  Very impressive, and added a lot to the appreciation for what the founding generation did.  Thanks Todd!

Thanks to all the shooters who came out, and their family members who supported them in coming out!
Pictures to follow.

lumberjack55

Pictures!

lumberjack55

More

lumberjack55

Nearly there.

lumberjack55

Last of mine.  Feel free to post any you may have taken.