News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

I got pulled over by the Indiana D.O.T. ......AGAIN

Started by IRONSIDES, September 13, 2014, 11:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IRONSIDES

Monday I was heading North on the new stretch of I 69 down by Evansville IN. I saw a DOT cop coming down the ramp in front of me so I slowed down to let him on. He moved over to the hammer lane and hit the brakes, so I thought he was going to set up in the median. Nope, He dropped behind me and hit the lights. He checked my log book and said it was close enough (only 2 hrs off, lol).

When he took my license and bills of lading back to his car to do his paperwork. I remembered a post somewhere that Fred mentioned seventh stepping law enforcement, So When the officer came back up to my door I had a pamphlet in hand and said "While I have you here, Have you ever heard of Project Appleseed".
We ended up talking another 5 Min. on the side of the road and he said he would put the pamphlet up on the bulletin board back at the post.
I also received a "no violations found ticket" worth a $50 gas card from my company. All in all one of my better encounters with the D.O.T.

Prone to Knit

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org