News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Volunteers Needed: US Sportsman Alliance event

Started by Graywolf, September 08, 2014, 06:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

We need five volunteers to run a "firearms safety" line at the US Sportsman Alliance event in Gregory, MI on Sept. 27 from 9 am to 4 pm. This will be a mostly Boy Scout event and will involve using BB Guns rather than a .22.  The line will be 10 scouts at a time and they need at 1 instructor to 2 shooters ratio. (Gregory is between Stockbridge and Pinckney.) Volunteers do not need to be NRA certified Range Safety Officers.  It would also seem that an IIT would be permissible. ( We are awaiting clarification on that. )

Please post here if you can help out or send me a PM.

Graywolf
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Graywolf

Updated info: NRA RSO would be nice but they are willing to make do if none are available.  That is word from Boy Scout Council office.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Graywolf

Bill Winkle

I would very much like to volunteer for this one but have a work requirement that Saturday. I LOVE the Boy Scouts and have had many successful events.
Please keep me in mind for future Scouting events. On a side note, I have Chief RSO credentials.
....Bill Winkle....