News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Toccoa GA Sept. 6-7, 2014

Started by Morpheus, September 08, 2014, 11:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morpheus

We had another hot September shoot at the GMSA Range in Toccoa GA this weekend but the shooters who showed up were ready, willing and able to tackle the heat and humidity. The forecast called for a significant chance of showers and thunderstorms all weekend but the weather seemed to move around us and never materialized like we anticipated.

With mostly repeat shooters on the line Saturday morning we were off to a quick start. In fact, by lunchtime we were ready to cover the seated/kneeling positions. These folks took to the firehose of instruction very well. The First and Second Strikes of the Match were told over our lunch break and then it was back to the firing line to continue the quest for smaller groups at the target line. When it was time for our afternoon break to hear the Third Strike of the Match we had already shot our first AQT! A number of our shooters were Oh! so close after the AQTs Saturday. With an abundance of instructors Saturday, Warp was able to spend some time behind the trigger and turned in a re-qualifying target that scored a 238!

The GMSA range has an agreement with the surrounding area to not have live fire on the range before noon on Sundays, so Sunday morning was spent in review of the learned material from Saturday, learning about the Known Distance aspect of rifle marksmanship and also hearing about some Dangerous Old Men and Gallant Women and Children. At noon the shooters were on the line and eager to continue with the pursuit of the Rifleman Patch. But once again, the heat, ammo issues and equipment issues combined to prevent any new Riflemen to emerge Sunday. But a true rifleman will persist!! Dry fire practice will give everyone that advantage for the next time!

Thank you to the shooters and instructors who made this weekend such a joy. I very much appreciate everyone's time and effort to attend this Appleseed. Lady Liberty needs a champion. I think this champion has been found in my fellow Appleseeders.

I hope to see you all on the Appleseed Trail soon!

Morpheus
"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." Patrick Henry
"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it." Nancy Pelosi (and Paul Ryan, kinda)