News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Carmi, IL - Sept. 6 - 7, 2014

Started by Mutti, September 06, 2014, 11:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutti

First day of 2-Day Ladyseed at Carmi Rifle & Pistol Club under our belt.

Absolutely fab Event so far! Favorite part was when Mrs. Susan brought her Mom to watch and we snagged her for the am RedCoat. This 90 year old signed up as a walk on right after that and kept us hopping! Mrs. Patty kept up with all Us Gals and for her first ever time behind a rifle, showed us what Persistance and application of the FUNdamentals can do.

Photos and more Info soon - post 'em if you got 'em
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

AK

It was a fabulous weekend at the Carmi Rifle and Pistol Club. Very nice club. Weather was absolutely perfect. Our shooters were very persistent and enthusiastic. Mutti did a great job of making accommodations and modifications to allow each shooter to shoot comfortably and safely. Shooters all showed improvements in technique and scores. Congratulations to our new Rifleman, Dawn. Be watching for Wanda's name soon as her top score of 203 shows me that it won't be long til she is also wearing a patch. Both Susan and Wanda had some equipment issues but were put on other rifles and kept shooting. Susan is right handed but was shooting left handed with her dominant eye and doing very well adjusting to that challenge. Carla was also "knocking out" those targets. I had a great bunch of fellow instructors manning the lines and sharing history. Always good to work with Mutti, Rifles and Reins, KD Cat, and Rbkl. Wonderful Ladyseed! Couldn't of ask for a better weekend.
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.
~Lee Greenwood

"We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain; that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." ~Abraham Lincoln

Mutti

Fantastic weekend from Start to Finish. Really pushed home that it does not matter if you have never touched a Rifle - Persistence and application of the fundamentals really works. 

History had special meaning as we celebrated with Ladies who had a strong knowledge already of April 19, 1775 and shared their thoughts with some round-table sessions.

Wanda - excellent focus, Steady hold factors and timing - if that scope hadn't decided to go on strike - this would have been the weekend. Keep working until your next event and with an operable piece of gear - I'll be thrilled to see that patch in your hand.

Clara
Cory -> Carla <-  - Grouping and persistence will carry you through every time. Thank you for joining us on your last weekend in town. Don't let that timing get to you - just steady steady steady.

Susan (and Dave) - Keep working on that sling work and take photos to review your positions.  We saw great strides in your grouping and flexability by the end of Sunday.  Thank you for brining out Patty to join us.

Dawn - Preettyy sure it was not your Good Luck Couch Potato that pushed you over the score. Persistence showed the second time around and practice cemented the 6 Steps, NPOA, and Steady Hold Factors into an excellent package.  Thanks for being our Range Contact! (We will see you next fall - right?)

Mrs. Patty. It was a genuine pleasure to work with you. Thank you for returning Sunday and setting such a fine example. Southern Illinois is proud to have such a Dangerous Woman among us  :)

All of the Ladies who instructed at this Ladyseed are Women who know what they are about. Thank you.

We ranged from 13 - 90 years old, but our Hearts and Minds were focused on the Mission at Hand. History * Heritage * Marksmanship

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

RiflesnReins

"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

KD Cat

Hello, everybody!

There are so many awesome parts of this shoot that I do not know where to start!!
The weather was nice and cool with some shade clouds on Saturday. Sunday was mild and had a slight breeze which was perfect for shooting. Everyone improved and persisted. O0 This was defiantly the best  Ladyseed I have ever been to.     
As always it was awesome to work with Mutti, Rifles and Reins, AK and RBKL. :)

I hope to see you all again,

KD Cat
When a man loves cats, I am his friend without further introduction.
-Mark Twain

Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
-Mary Kay Ash

shooter559

The instructors were great.   Throughout the weekend, their passion for Project Appleseed should through their talks, training, and individual attention that they gave to each and every lady that was there.  I am looking forward to another Ladies Appleseed.  It was a great weekend.