News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Thanks To all for the fellowship in Guntersville!

Started by Photonic, September 01, 2014, 02:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Photonic

Thanks to Rusty and Brittney and Jake and Mike and Eddie and sorry if I left anyone out ..except those who chose to come out and pack the stadium! thank you to everyone who helped fund this and put a dent in the cost these volunteers put in, I think my money was well spent.

It wouldn't have been the same without seeing everyone try so hard and learn, and it isnt easy as a coach for sure if you are up and coming to take the initiative and sit down and tell someone they are doing something wrong. We all feel we want to keep our distance from people we do not know but it takes a special kind of person to get used to that quickly ..and in such a short time of getting to know us shooters every orange hat was doing their best to identify, sit with and help as many people as they could.

I for one learned more in a weekend than I have in the past 10 years. But it is because I am a Yuppie who just as they said, is happier on the couch with my internet and TV  ;) If I took one thing away from the shoot it was that and my desire to be better than that.

Im already bothering folks to come with me to next event, and I probably won't ever stop talking about it because there is nothing like it that I know of.