News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A reminder about safety

Started by ITB, August 26, 2014, 09:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Information is a little bit light in this article, but this is a reality check for all of us....

Girl, 9, accidentally shoots instructor at Arizona gun range

Ugh.  Biting my tongue.  Additional information from another source:

QuoteAn Arizona shooting instructor has died after being accidentally shot in the head by a 9-year-old student Monday morning.

Mohave County Sheriff's officials told the Associated Press that the 39-year-old shooting instructor was injured at about 10 a.m. at an outdoor range in Dolan Springs, Ariz. He was then airlifted to a medical center in Las Vegas, where he died later that night.

Sheriff Jim McCabe told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that the girl, who was vacationing from New Jersey with her parents, had safely fired a 9 mm Uzi several times in the "single-shot" mode.

The firearm was put into "fully automatic" mode the next time she fired, McCabe said, with the instructor, identified as Charles Vacca, standing to her left. The weapon recoiled and she lost control of the Uzi while firing an undetermined number of rounds. Vacca suffered at least one gunshot to the head.

"The guy just dropped," McCabe told the Review-Journal.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23