News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Boulder CO, Aug. 23/24

Started by Long Rifle, August 25, 2014, 06:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Long Rifle

Had a great shoot at the Boulder Rifle Club this last weekend. Most everybody was enthusiastic about improving their marksmanship skills and learning about nations history.

Thanks to Newone, Mellow Yellow, his son John, and Taildragger (from UT) for helping out. Without you guys the weekend wouldn't have gone as smoothly as it did.

Crazy weather on saturday afternoon (thunderstorm with lightning and side ways rain) made it interesting. Taildragger kept right on telling us the 3rd Strike despite the 'fireworks'.

Everyone get out as soon as possible and practice what you did this weekend. Dry practice at home a couple times a week for 10 minutes and you'll see dramatic improvement when you go to the range again. Don't forget to bring your yellow sheet with you to the range. It may help you diagnose what you see on your target and how to fix problems.

Hope to see everyone soon at another Appleseed
Those that can, DO. Those that can DO MORE, teach.
Practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

rocknwithdokken

This was my first Appleseed and I can confidently say it won't be my last.  Although I'm still nowhere near what I'd call proficient with a rifle, I made small gains over the weekend and that's exactly what I wanted to get out of the course.  It was very well organized, the instruction was second to none, the history was great, and most importantly it was fun.  The emphasis on safety was great as well.  I feel like I got plenty of 1-on-1 instruction to correct my mistakes, as did all the other participants.  Thank you to all the instructors/volunteers for taking the time to do this.  I've got a long, long way to go with my marksmanship skills and this was an awesome way to get started down the right path.  I'll definitely be back for another one, with my girlfriend and dad in tow to get them out on the firing line as well.  Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Aaron Davis

Mellow Yellow

Has a great shoot, even a wild rain storm didn't dampen any ones spirits.  All the students hug in there and went right back to shooting once the deluge subsided.    Has not heard the 3rd stick with the punctuation of thunder claps lightning flashing in the background.  It brought a whole new dimension to the story.  A father & son scored Rifleman on Sunday afternoon, so that was very cool.  Some expressed an interest in promoting the program, so I sent them off with flyers I had,  FYI we need more new flyers!  Posted a few pictures, enjoy!

~Mike
When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.  ~ Thomas Jefferson

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
~ Thomas Jefferson

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AR500-Precision-Steel-Targets-3-8-thick-6-4-wide-x-4-7-tall-SPRING-SALE-/111908339978?

taildragger

Sorry I'm late to comment on this.  Great shoot, everyone!  Fun to meet a new crew and work in a new venue.  Saw some fantastic marksmanship on the line.  Great job by Long Rifle for running a tight ship, despite the weather challenges!
--