News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ames, Iowa 16-17Aug2014

Started by IXOYE, August 19, 2014, 06:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a fantastic event in Ames with thirteen shooters on Saturday and twelve on Sunday. Two shooters shot rifleman on Saturday and three more shot rifleman on Sunday. Several others were knocking at the door. I could not have asked for a better group of people to work with. I also want to give thanks and praise to all the instructors who gave up their weekend to make this event such a success. One final thank you goes out to the Ames Izzak Walton club for giving up their range for the weekend.

I'm on the road for a few days so I won't be able to post any pictures until next week. Congratulations to Chris, Adam, Koen, Trinity, and Darin for earning your rifleman patches.

Rex
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Twineagles

Great job to you and your crew! I wish I could of been there!

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Chris.Schear

Jenna and I had a great time and her mother, Jami, is going to attend the Oct session.  Off topic, I can't seem to access the Iowa forum but can other states.  FYI.

Thanks.
Rifleman 9 of 9 Qualifications:
2014 Scores - 228, 231, 237, 243, 243, 238, 232
2015 Scores - 241, 232

Ames

Until Rex returns from the road to share his pictures of the event, here are a few I took.  Congrats to the 5 new riflemen and riflewoman!  Every attendee made great improvements throughout the weekend.  And the history lessons were outstanding and moving as usual.   Every time I hear these stories of our nation's founders and patriots, they seem to affect me more and more deeply.  Participating in an Appleseed helps me make an important connection to that heritage. 

On another note, the Ames Izaak Walton League has a spiffy new berm to shoot against.  I don't think anyone sent any flyers passed it.  :)

Amesguy

Long Shot

Why do I have firearms?........Just in case some one needs to be shot.

IXOYE

Here are some of the pictures I promised to post.

The new berm at Ames

Emily and her dad

Prep period for seated

Watch those elbows

Helping on the line

Working on prone position

Couple with Tech Sights

Classic prone steady hold factors

Emily

Carding sights

More carding sights

Bearing down on that target

Our first two riflemen on Saturday

The group on Saturday

Our first rifleman on Sunday

Refining those prone skills

Coaching the next rifleman

Our last two rifleman and youth participant

Standing steady hold factors

Waiting for the fire command

Prone prep period

Making sling adjustments

Posing with her grandpa

Posing with his dad

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Chris.Schear

For those wondering what the two little dots on my magazine mean...  Well, I label/number my magazines as many do - only I do so in BINARY notation. This is (obviously) magazine number 9.  ;)

This is what happens you combine a Marine with an unprecedented level of documentation geekdom.

Rifleman 9 of 9 Qualifications:
2014 Scores - 228, 231, 237, 243, 243, 238, 232
2015 Scores - 241, 232