News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Campaing signs

Started by thursday, August 18, 2014, 08:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thursday

As most of you know we have several Appleseed ranges here in MO that like to recycle old campaign signs for use as target backers.  Wright city, and Farmington both need backers, the ones at the Rosebud range are all but shot up. 
If any of you can get any of these signs it would be much appreciated.  I know the election is not till November, but start scouting now.  Also many of the ballot measures that are past had signs and are available now.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

olefido

Try the dumpster at you local MODOT yard. Generally, you can find a bunch there even if it's not election time as real estate and advertisers are using them as well. I found about 10 at one IDOT yard advertising mobile homes. The road workers pick them up when they fall down or interfere with mowing.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

connibear

Cardboard seems more easily attainable, but don't hold up well to rain. I'll be on the lookout.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Mutti

Connibear -

I've been using some seed signs which imadentist acquired for smaller line backers (not the larger ones like Chester uses).  They are similar to corrugated cardboard and stand up to all types of weather. They easily fit a RedCoat and squares side by side. They traditionally come in a box which makes them easy to transport.

Staples do not work as well as push-pins.

Do you happen to know any farm seed dealers? If not ima has some more I believe.

Mutti
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

connibear

not off hand, I don't, but I'll have to take a look and find some.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Kosciusko

check the printers who make the signs
often, they have proof copies, misprints, and overruns free for the hauling

k