News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO August 2-3, 2014

Started by 209Ken, August 04, 2014, 09:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

Just a quick placeholder until I can get pictures uploaded and have time to add more details.

A great weekend, plenty of Rifleman patches and orange hats handed out!

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

It was a great weekend at Bench Rest Rifle Club in Wright City, MO. It was a little warm, but no wind to speak of and no rain.
It was obvious after the first redcoat on Saturday that we had some good shooters with us that would shine with just a little instruction. And, sure enough, by the end of Saturday, Wayne and Jason had earned their patches with a 214 and 210 scores respectively, and Jeff re qualified with a 227.
On Sunday Rob scored a 220 and Don shot a 214 to make 2 more Riflemen. Jeff showed us a target on Sunday afternoon of his that we scored as a 248!!  ^:)^  Quite impressive!
We also had three people step up and take their orange hat! Wayne, John, and Mitch all heard the call and decided to help save the sinking ship. Hopefully we will see all three of you right back here in Wright City next month, the shoot is already sold out!

Pictures to follow...
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

colonial shooter

Nice report Ken. Hope to meet you and the rest of the crew soon. Looking forward to the pics.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

209Ken

Survival Doc giving the second strike

Thursday giving the third strike

Wayne with a 214. First rifleman of the day.

Jason with a 210. This rifleman did get get slightly wet later!

Wayne stepping up!

Chefmossy taking the orange hat too!

Sunday rifleman Rob with a 220.

Not to be outdone, Don shoots a 214, way to go!

I sit down for 1 second all weekend and someone snaps a picture! ;)

Benediction

connibear

Looks like ya'll had a great weekend, sorry I missed it. Congrats to all the new riflemen, and thank-you John, Wayne and Mitch for stepping up and helping to try and awaken others to remember our heritage and tell the history and try and revive our Liberty that is so fast eroding away.

To those of you who didn't qualify, don't worry about, you now have the fundamentals to qualify. Remember NPOA, until you find it and keep it, you're just burning up ammo. Go home and dry fire and practice NPOA and everything else you learned and go back in September and become a rifleman and join our ranks to help the great state of MO to become a state of Riflemen.  O0
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.