News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..Lake George, NY / August 02/03, 2014..

Started by Josey Wales, August 04, 2014, 08:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..The return to Lake George Dunhams Bay turned out to be a great event.  From a time long ago back in 2010 when Shoot Boss Buzzworth from Vermont was doing these events.  To now and the many of us who were underlings of Buzzworth keep this range alive from then through today.  I am very thankful to all the instructors who came out to participate in this event. The amount of help that I received was incredible.  It seemed like real teamwork the way it should be, and that is what made the event so successful.  Vietvet, Grumpy1, AnotherDOM, LittleMo, and HistoryBuff.  And our very special guest Stick Mark or better known as first Sgt. Mark gave us a little visit and it was a very wonderful surprise..
..The shooters did a fine job at honing in their rifleman skills.  Diligence and patients come to mind, eager and enlightened come to mind, prepared and motivated also come to mind, when I think of the students that we had participating in this great event.  The message of Appleseed the proclamation of liberty and the upholding of our constitutional republic was well received.  And I can only pray that our efforts in mobilizing these great ideals set forth by the founders will multiply and multiply so that someday they ring loud as loud as our famous Liberty Bell once did..

..Strength & Honor, Josey Wales..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Josey Wales

Pictures

VietVet

As Josey Wales said what a GREAT EVENT we had this weekend at Dunhams Bay.

We were reunited with some friends we haven't seen in awhile while making some new ones.

Thanks to ALL involved in this Appleseed Shoot. Shooters and Instructors both.  O0

Congrats to our new Rifleman Pete who made the score with ......yes, a 210.
Congrats to our repeat Rifleman Dan and James a Father/Son team who have attended 
several Appleseeds and are looking forward to many more.

Congrats and Thank You to HistoryBuff who traded her BLUE HAT in for an ORANGE HAT.
She'll be a much needed addition to our NY Instructor Crew.

Nicely done all!

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

sgtrock

Nice work guys, wish I could have been there. Lake George is a beautiful place.

historybuff

Another great Appleseed!

A BIG thank you to everyone who helped me become an orange hat. I'm so excited.   ^:)^ ^:)^

HistoryBuff

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice."     -Charles de Montesquieu

"What if the democracy we thought we were serving no longer exists, and the Republic has become the very evil we have been fighting to destroy... So this is how liberty dies, with a thunderous applause."    -Star Wars

Josey Wales

Quote from: HistoryBuff on August 05, 2014, 08:11:51 AM
Another great Appleseed!

A BIG thank you to everyone who helped me become an orange hat. I'm so excited.   ^:)^ ^:)^

HistoryBuff

....Awesome............

Dude

Congratulations to all shooters and instructors alike. Especially those new riflemen and The New Orange Hat, History Buff! You've worked hard and it shows!!!!
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

Grumpy1

This was a Great Event!

Great students, Great Instructors,  A New Rifleman, and A new IIT!

Congrats to Pete with a 210  O0

Congrats to Dan and James, both requalifing  O0

Congrats and Thanks to History Buff for stepping up to a Orange Hat! O0

Thanks Josey Wales for a GREAT EVENT!
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Gregch44

Go big or stay home!

LittleMo

A great event with a great group of students that were eager to learn and a good instructor crew! Pete overcame difficulties with his sling to shoot a 210. Dan and James again showed their form to shoot the score again. Congrats to HistoryBuff for your new hat. Thanks to Dunnham's Bay Rod & Gun Club for hosting us again.

Gary
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont